“very comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Orangeburg
Reviewed 7 November 2008

I stayed here on a business trip, and was concerned given some of the negative reviews. However, things must have changed after the renovation. First of all, there is wireless and it is free. It works everywhere. Second, I typically stay in higher end hotels than this, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were of standard size, the beds very comfortable. The bathroom was fine-- and I had no problems with the shower. Good water pressure. The staff were really helpful and friendly. The breakfast was a little greasy, but a very reasonable price (< $12 for the full American breakfast). There is also a complimentary breakfast alternative which I opted for on my second morning. Cereal, bagels-- very good. Overall I liked this place and would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 October 2008

First of all, I am a platinum member. I was not recognized as such on arrival. Which really is not a big deal, but I usually get coupons and a gift bag which are nice. This place did not have Coffee at all like it states in the add. It is a coffee machine with nothing but hot chocolate. Again no big deal. Here's the worst part. THE SHOWER. No water pressure at all. The water goes from hot to cold and so forth. If you have been on a cruise before, you got a better shower, Pathetic. Had to rinse off in the sink.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank sheva420
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I am a Priority Club member and frequent Holiday Inn's. The rooms in the Registery wing have recently been renuvated and are not bad, however as a business traveler I need Internet access and that was not to be found. I travel a lot and NEVER have problem accessing wireless Internet with my laptop. Anyway, I need to work in my room. If you don't mind having no Internet, this place would be OK, otherwise STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2008

We stayed in a junior executive suite, rooms were newely renovated but not the bathrooms. Old calk was moldy in shower and on shower floor. Did't have any washclothes but they did bring them when we called the front desk. We have a small dog so are limited on where we stay, I would probably stay there again but if I didn't have the dog probably not. Not really worth what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We stayed for three nights in August, and the renovations seem to be mostly completed in the public areas and the registry wing. The continental breakfast for guests in the registry area was a nice touch with real plates and silverware and a nice selection of fresh sliced fruits.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Do not stay here until they finish renovating the place. The place should not even be taking reservations right now because the place is in such disarray. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and they didn't even have working elevators.

As we walked to the room, there were rooms that were taped and sealed with plastic as they were renovating certain rooms. Wallpaper in the hallway was tattered.

Don't be fooled by the photographs. There is no pool as that area was closed off. The treadmill in the gym was not working in the gym. There is no dining area.

As for our room. the toilet bowl rocked as you sat on it. I ran out of hot water during my shower. The heater/ac cover came off as I was trying to turn the unit off, thus exposing the whole inner workings of the unit.

My recommendation is to call ahead check to see if they are still doing construction. If so, then there is a much nicer hotel down the road.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2008

My husband had a conference at this hotel so we were there for a few days. The hotel is currently under construction which they failed to tell us when my husband booked the room. The whole hotel smells like mildew, we had to walk through the consturction to get to the room. It rained 1 of the days that we were there and we had to walk through the rain and on wet carpet to get to our room. On two different days, my husband called for a wake up call and we never received them. When I called the front desk after the first day they did not call us they quickly said sorry and hungup the phone. Friday night, there was a tray of food from room service left outside a hotel room. Saturday night, the tray was still there. Our toilet kept on running and they did not come to fix it. We would never stay at this hotel even after they are done with their construction.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orangeburg
Residence Inn Orangeburg Rockland/Bergen
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen? Share your experiences!