“Overpriced”

Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Terribly overpriced--appetizers that cost as much as entrees do at other inland spots. I imagine if you come out here from the city, the prices must seem reasonable. $40 per person without any alcohol seems price for this KY Resident. The food itself was "so-so" and difficult to enjoy at those prices.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Repeat customer and although i always start with thier chowder, For my main dish i like to try different items on the menu. Happened to order their lobster boat one day and I am hooked. I have had many lobster rolls but this is hands down the very best. Huge portions of lobster on a toasted top split hot dog roll. The amount of lobster is so huge it's impossible to close the roll which is an added bonus because now you get to eat huge pieces of lobster with your fork and then when you can close the roll, you also have your sandwich to eat. It's served with the best crispy, hot fries, clod slaw and a crunchy pickle. Start with the chowder and you will have one very happy belly when your meal is done.
Great atmosphere with dining inside or out on the deck. Say hi to Toby (the chocolate lab) who strolls around outside and get the warmest greeting for the owner and all the staff. It's way at the very end of the north fork (right by the ferry) but oh so worth the drive. A really pretty drive great food waiting for you.

2  Thank sgirl09
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I’m the second generation in my family to frequent Orient by the Sea. Many years ago my parents would make an annual pilgrimage from western Suffolk County to this restaurant. To this day, their happy times here are part of the stories told at family gatherings. I brought my girlfriend (now wife) here over 8 years ago and we have continued the tradition. Either we come by boat or car, but a stop to see Bobby and the gang is a must. I probably have had just about everything on the menu finding it hard to pick one favorite. The bartenders can whip up just about anything you can think of, with the mudslide being a fan favorite with my wife. Our visits to Orient by the Sea are a summer must for us, and we look forward to the trip each and every year.

1  Thank Grant A
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Best place on the North fork to enjoy a great meal with wonderful staff and views of the bay ( not to mention all the palm trees that make you feel like your in the Islands) food is moderately priced and portions are plentiful.

1  Thank bink316
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hard to believe you could screw up pasts - but they did just that. The food is completely average at best, with sky high prices. The chef kept popping out of the kitchen to huff down a cigarette on th epatio - nice. I'll go again for the locale, but I'll keep the fare light and justy have a few beers...