“convenient lunch right off the ferry!!”

Orient by the Sea Restaurant & Marina
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Orient
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I dined at Orient by the Sea for lunch with a group of girls for a Bachelorette party weekend. We were all starving getting off of the ferry, and it was great to have this place available right when we got off of the ferry. We sat outside right on the water. Our waitress was very polite and friendly. A bunch of us got the Mahi sandwich. I split it with my Mom. It was really good, I just wish that I requested the fish to be cooked a little underdone, but that is just my taste preference to have my seafood not cooked fully through. I also think that the side dish of fries could have been a little larger to reflect the pricing of the dish, but not a huge deal. We didn't have any animals with us, but all being animal lovers, I liked how animal friendly the place was. (I think the chocolate lab may have been a worker at the restaurant's dog... he was adorable!!!)

There are newer reviews for Orient by the Sea Restaurant & Marina

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Grab a table on the outdoor deck or tiki bar overlooking gardiners bay. Palm trees a nice touch. Great place for a glass of local wine or beer. Great chowder too!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arriving early for our ferry, we decided to have lunch at the restaurant, and what a pleasant surprise for us! we were seated at a table on the deck with a great view and we were nicely served a great lunch, which included as good oysters as any we've ever eaten anywhere, and we've eaten them throughout the oyster serving world. The staff were not completely professional, but their friendly, welcoming attitude made up for any service glitches, and we enjoyed the entire experience completely. We hope to return to the restaurant again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Mom and I were vacationing in Long Island and decided we wanted to have a baked, stuffed lobster. We were hungry so we went to Orient by the Sea at 3:30pm on a Saturday. No one was inside the dining room but there were a few people outside on the patio at the umbrella tables. The decor was quite old, stained dark green carpeting, pink wallpaper, smelled kinda musty and smoky from the bar area. We were approached by a young man (not really personable, seemed shy). Asked what we wanted and we told him we both wanted baked stuffed lobster with the crabmeat stuffing. He said it was broiled. We thought that was the same thing so we said ok. When the meal came out about 25 minutes later, the lobster looked overdone. It had no crabmeat stuffing but a thin layer of bread crumbs. We asked the waiter where the stuffing was and he said "you didn't order stuffing". We asked to speak to the manager, who offered to bring us the stuffing. We did not want to waste the food, even though the lobster was a bit overdone, the meat (what little there was) was actually tasty. The stuffing came out in a dish and we added it to the lobster. Again, the manager said that the waiter said we did not order the stuffing, and he said the boy was new. Not what we were expecting, but we ate and the bill came to $70.00. No one came back to ask us how anything was, the boy only returned at the end of the meal to apologize(we had 2 different people in between time to fill water and bring napkins).
This was a very disappointing meal, and we would not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Lynniepooh
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Terribly overpriced--appetizers that cost as much as entrees do at other inland spots. I imagine if you come out here from the city, the prices must seem reasonable. $40 per person without any alcohol seems price for this KY Resident. The food itself was "so-so" and difficult to enjoy at those prices.