“"Awesome"”

Ranked #2 of 4 Oswego B&B and Inns
Owego, New York
“"Awesome"”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My first visit in Oswego, and I chose the "Oswego Inn". Could not have asked for anything more. I plan on more visits to my friends @ "Oswego Karate" and have found a comfortable and affordable place to stay. Osu!

1 Thank Chuck A
oswego i, Manager at Oswego Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your valued comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased that we are able to meet your expectations within your budget. Indeed, we are not the big chain place but do provide large motel amenities at a lower rate. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future!
It is our mission to provide “Quality Service, Premium Comfort, and Sustainable Pricing”
We hope you visit Oswego city , New York as it offers "OSWEGO COUNTY HAS RECREATION & FUN FOR EVERYONE".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Smithsburg, Maryland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Advertised as a 'Large Motel Amenities at a lower price'. The price was not significantly lower than other lodging in the area but it was the only place with vacancies for the dates needed. The amenities were minimal. The bed was not made nor clean towels provided during our 5 day stay and no staff was around when we needed them (in the morning before 8 am before we left for the day and after 6 pm when we returned to the motel). Service was non-existent-after our check-in. No one was available at check-out so we did not receive a copy of the bill after the initial one at check-in. The 'continental breakfast' was minimal with weak coffee and stale food; we went elsewhere for decent grub. Very poor service and lack of professionalism overall.
We would not stay there again and would certainly not recommend it to anyone else!

Room Tip: We wouldn't recommend this place so can't give any tips for a stay.

oswego i, Manager at Oswego Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We at Oswego Inn, truly appreciate your business. We want to thank you, at the same time we really are sorry about the inconvenience you had to face. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Oswego Inn was not a good one, however, we invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
We appreciate your patronage and want you to continue to be our guests so we can provide service for many years to come.
Greenland, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was in town for SUNY Oswego alumni reunion. I have stayed here previously and had an enjoyable stay. Location is accessible to town. The hotel is discreet in appearance, but quite comfortable, quiet and reasonably priced. The owner/manager was extremely courteous and ensured our stay was enjoyable. I would return again next time I am in Oz.

Mike
Greenlawn, NY

oswego i, Manager at Oswego Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Woodridge, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife, 13 year old daughter spent two nights at The Oswego Inn on June 30th and July 1st . Our 18 year old daughter was at Orientation at SUNY-Oswego at the same time. Lets look at Lets look at the negatives and positives of our stay. Negatives - The outside and lobby at first sight nothing special .The wi-fi was very weak. There was a strange odor in the hall ways. - these negatives were really nothing to stop anyone from going here after hearing the positives. The room itself was quite large. The force of the shower was tremendous. The beds were very comfortable. The maid service was excellent. Extra towels were available if needed. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help . The price was extremely fair and the proximity to SUNY Oswego was fine. If one travelled and looked at the other nearby motels . I would not venture near them. The Oswego Inn will be our choice again in the future when visiting Oswego.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank O1053PQmichaelw
oswego i, Manager at Oswego Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of positives . Additionally, we absolutely acknowledge your suggestions regarding lobby, weak Wi-Fi, and hall ways. We recognize these are issues and hope to have solutions very soon. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is our second time there and it keeps getting better. The Oswego Inn is an undiscovered gem. Lower price then chain motels but in many regards may I say luxury? The room we stayed in on the main floor is larger then my living room. Bed, sofa, table and chairs with lots of room around it. The furniture was upscale wood and the bath room was new. On top of the lovely accommodations was the Inn owner. He was very pleasant and went way out his way to please. We were on motorcycles, very hot and early. He allowed us to check in early, brought us bottled water and in general made our stay pleasant. I would recommend this place over the chains even if it cost the same and the lower price is a bonus.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool and tripadvisor is such a stupid web site that it won't let me start t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fred B
oswego i, Manager at Oswego Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place looks strange on the outside... kind of like a large house so I was weary of staying here. Also the man on the phone was very hard to understand and it took awhile to make my reservation over the phone. However, the staff was very friendly and the room was basic but extremely clean, quiet, and well kept. There is a small free breakfast in the morning, coffee, bagels, muffins etc. The room was close to all of the things we were looking to visit in Oswego. The price was very affordable, so if you are looking for somewhere cheap and nice I think this is the best you're going to get. The only other thing is that there are no elevators, but the stairs are very short (maybe only 3 or 4 at most) so this may be a problem for some people.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Morgan H
oswego i, Manager at Oswego Inn, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your support. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Erieville, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had been to knights inn the month before and it was dirty, in desperate need of updates etc
I didnt want to spend a lot of money and I was assured it was a safe place. I was suppose to stay there again though I had miss-givings. They wouldn't take me even though they said they would. A problem with where my drivers license was.

Anyways, The manger at OSWEGO INN was really sweet and helped me out of a tough spot. He was a little slow in checking me in but, who cares? The place was really pleasant. It had a safe feeling of being in a home and yet the rooms where like what I am used to in a hotel. I had my privacy, mini fridge/microwave TV and Bathroom. Bed was really firm. It was a quiet place but, 2 different ambulances went by in the night and woke me up. and I could here a vague patter of what sounded like a toddler running around till 10 pm. which didnt bother me at all.
It is Not a Fancy place But,comfortable, clean and nice. and WAY NICER THAN Knights Inn!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lrhackney
oswego i, Manager at Oswego Inn, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us safe to stay . We look forward to serving you again in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
The Red Mill Inn
The Red Mill Inn
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront

Been to Oswego Inn? Share your experiences!