“Don't Bother”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Oswego
Smithtown, New York
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I booked a non- smoking room 4 months earlier and when I arrived at 3PM my room was not ready. We were able to register and get a key. We then went about our business and returned at 10PM. When we walked into the room the stench of cigarette smoke was unbearable to say the least. When I went back to the "office" for a room change there was none to be had. We called around for another place but everyone was booked for that night. So, we settled in for the night. The stain on the comforter, I have no idea what that was, the TV was an older motel and only BLASTED the sound out. No sound control, so we were not able the watch TV. The shower sported black mold inside it and on the wall adjacent to it. Green mold grew on the back door of the bathroom. The mattress was ancient and we both woke with stiff necks. I can only hope that the sheets were clean.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dianeh1
duce3514, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, 23 January 2011
We had a longer than expected outage at the nuclear station.All of the hotels/motels were booked.We explained this to the customer.She arrived early and we told her that the room wasn't ready yet and that we couldn't give her a non smoking room.She checked the room out and said it would be ok and she would be back later.She took pictures of the room before we had a chance to clean it.They were very rude and the husband threatened and swore at the manager.I told the manager to call 911 if they gave her any more trouble.The woman also called me complaining and I ended up even refunding them some money because it wasn't a non smoking room.There was nothing wrong with the television,it must have been the first time they ever used a remote control because I checked it out and it worked perfectly.I told her I was sorry but we did not have a nonsmoking room and I couldn't move the people in those rooms for them.The matress and box springs was only 2 years old but I guess nothing could please these people.The room was clean when they came back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
K&G Lodge
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
All Seasons Inn
All Seasons Inn
#6 of 10 in Oswego

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!