“Very good stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This was our 4th stay and we are always welcomed by a friendly staff. The rooms are very clean and comfortable although an arm chair and foot stool would bea great addition. We'll be back when we come to visit family. The river view rooms are worth it - the river is fun to watch. Breakfast is is hot and the coffee strong. The hours allow sleeping I .

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to our hotel when you visit Oswego!

I would appreciate if you could contact the hotel (315-343-1600 x602) with details of your reservation since I can't see your specifics on Tripadvisor. From your comments it sounds like you stayed in a Riverside room which should have had 2 arm chairs in the room so I would like to look in to this. Because riverside rooms have more space we have arm chairs in them and smaller cityside rooms have armless chairs so there is enough space for both function and comfort.

We are in the middle of our renovations and I'll be happy to relay your suggestion of footstools to the owners. A recent guest suggested new lamps with outlets in the base and I'm happy to say we just placed our first order for them so your suggestions are welcomed and heard!

Thanks again for the great review! I'd love to get more information from you and I'd like to try and do a little extra on your next stay for being a loyal guest and taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Quality Inn Riverfront in Oswego on New Year's Eve. We we meeting friends for a quiet dinner and night out and needed a place to crash after ringing in the new year. I "splurged" on the riverfront room (only and extra five dollars) just because, at that price, it was worth it! Check in was smooth, quick and the front desk girls were very friendly and accommodating. Upon arriving in the room, we were pleasantly surprised that we were magically upgraded to a suite and there were complimentary NYE hats, noisemakers, AND a bottle of champagne! What a nice surprise! We had our friends in for hors d'oeuvres and so the suite space was perfect! The room was clean, comfortable, roomy and a fantastic view of the river and harbour. I have stayed in both hotels in Oswego and believe what you get for the price at the Quality Inn is beyond compare. We will always stay there on our future trip. Thank you for making our last night of 2012 so special.

Room Tip: The riverview rooms are well worth the extra five dollars. Close to all down town.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for taking the time to not only comment through Choice Hotels but also for the extra effort sharing your experience with future travelers on Trip Advisor. We've seen an increase in number of Trip Advisor referalls and it's guest like you sharing their experience that has helped our guests make their decision in lodging.

I'm pleased that we helped end your 2012 on a good note and wish you all the best in 2013. We are very excited for this coming year while we work diligently to further upgrade our property. All of our Deluxe Suites are shut down right now as our 1st floor gets a full renovation. Hopefully next time you stay with us you'll be able to take a look at the best rooms in the house!

Over the coming months you'll see our Facebook, Trip Advisor, and our website updated with pictures of our renovations and additions so check back soon and we hope to see you again very soon! Thanks again for the time you've taken to share your experience and safe travels.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We chose the Quality Inn while attending the Ice Hockey tournament at the college in Oswego. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The front desk staff was very helpful and helped us locate the ice hockey rink. We had lunch in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent. The hot breakfast was also very good. I would definitely stay at the Quality Inn again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time for the kind review!

White-out weekend gets pretty busy for us during a generally slower time and I'm very happy we were able to meet your expectations!

We have a new chef in our on-site restaurant and he is doing a fantastic job with the new menu and some fresh new specials. We just added a new Maple-Cinnamon mix for our Belgian waffle makers in the Q-Corner Cafe breakfast too.

We have begun our 1st floor renovations so I hope you are out our way again in the near future to see some of the many improvements we are working on to give you an even better experience! Thanks again for the review and safe travels!

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I had spent 10 months at this hotel. Everything, from the front desk to housekeeping to restaurant/bar to maintenance...including the locals, made us feel right at home. Very safe and clean enviroment. The community of Oswego offers a tremendous amout of history. The entire hotel staff is more then happy to make your stay enjoyable. I thank them all ! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: if extended stay get rooms on lower level
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you and your team stay with us and the work you did here was a great improvement for our community!

Nearly a year straight living in a hotel can be taxing I'm sure so I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you here. I saw your other local reviews including G.S. Steamers. I posted your review and let them all know you said hello as well.

Best of luck on your next job and we hope you end up out our way again in the future! Tell everyone we said thank you!

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Went there for friends and family weekend. For Oswego university. Was very happy with the room double bed, Well made up room. Clean bathroom. Only thing the housekeeper didn't leave another bar of soap for the second night. I felt it was unfair that I couldn't use my AAA discount because the manger said the weekend I was there was blackout. NOT FAIR! But overall I would recommend this hotel. Breakfast was good too.

Room Tip: River view is nice. But $5 more.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for the review. I noted that you are in NYC. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you made it through the Hurricane without issue! If you're in the city and without power or just need a getaway from the chaos please contact me directly and we will make accommodations for you.

In terms of discounts, Special event weekends/ blackout dates are the only time the hotel does not accept some of the discounts that we offer to our guests. Over 94% of the year discounts such as AAA, AARP, CAA, State, and Federal rates are accepted. Special event weekends are the exception because of high demand. These dates often sell out a year in advance and special terms and conditions apply when reserving.

Although your rate did match all of our other guests staying with us that weekend, please let me know when you make your next reservation. I'll see if I can make up the difference to you! Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The entire experience at the Quality Inn always gives my wife and I the feeling that we are at our home away from home. The staff at the front desk are interested in making our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and they are very friendly at all times. This time Kaitlin was on duty most of our stay and she is awesome to deal with. Joe and Jessica also helped. We enjoy the full continental breakfast served daily and the excellent service and food from Dan and his staff at Steamer's, the on site restaurant. The rooms are always clean and there's a great view of the harbour on the riverside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a riverside room for the great view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank titanicfam
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

That's because when you are here you are at home, well at least the one we can share with you! I say that because I can tell by the username which family this is and I can say without hesitation that it's a pleasure to have you stay with us each and every time.

The hospitality industry works with every type of person on a daily basis, their good days and their bad. No matter how much we try, things can not always be perfect for every guest on every occasion. A lot of times travelers approach staff with their problems, which they should, but it's guests like you and your family that recognize our staff every single visit and approach them with respect and understanding; no matter the circumstances. I can't thank you enough for the positive experience you leave all of our staff with and what a pleasure it is to provide you with accommodations when you are in town. I say this not only from my own experience but from every member of our staff that has approached me over the last couple of years.

Thank you for the wonderful review and taking the time to recognize our staff. We are looking forward to a great season, Go Lakers!

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel when my hubby went salmon fishing. I went shopping while he was otherwise entertained in the river. Upon check in, we were given vouchers for a free drink if we ordered from the menu in their restaurant. The restaurant is very good as well. Upon check in, there was a problem with our TV, but it was fixed in no time. This is not a "hole in the wall" place to sleep for the fisherman; however, if you ARE the fisherman whose wife is going with you to Oswego, this is the hotel to choose. Breakfast was very good, as always.

Room Tip: If given the chance, request a river view room. These rooms seem to be more recently updated. Last...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Biz-e-Momof2
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for the review, I love the "Fisherman's wife" perspective!

With both the Lake and River fishing in one spot we do get a lot of sport and recreational fishing here. This is probably the first traveling fisherman's wife feedback I've received and I love hearing about it as much as I do your overall great impression.

I agree that we are not the "hole in the wall" hotel that some budget travelers are looking for however our price is based on value. We offer our guests freezer space for their catch, we are located right along the river that many of you fish in, we are along the riverwalk leading to heavily fished canal area, and offer special rates for fisherman booked with local charters going out on the lake.

On a side not, I'm happy we resolved your TV issue quickly. We just replaced all of our tvs with HD LCD tvs and brought in a new HD channel lineup. We hit a few small snags during the transition and have been resolving them with our service provider.

Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you and your fishing entourage again soon!