“Good value”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 days 3 nights. Customer service from the moment you walk in till the day we left was outstanding. Everyone was courteous and helpful. Our original room was not available so we were upgraded to a king suite which was perfect for our family. The room was clean and everything was in working order. It had recently been updated. In the back of the hotel is the riverfront where you can relax and take a nice walk or watch the sunset.

The hotel is centrally located to many restaurants in the area. They do serve breakfast but it was nothing fancy although you could make your own waffles. The coffee wasn't that great. However, that's not a deal breaker for us.

My only complaint...WiFi connection was poor. It was difficult to get work done if you needed the Internet.

We will definitely stay here again when we visit Oswego.

Room Tip: Request a recently updated room. Riverfront view is nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is near the river and convenient to Oswego town center. The rooms could use an upgrade but they are clean. However the beds were terrible... So squeaky that we would wake ourselves up at night at each movements... Definitely need to upgrade the spring boxes! The breakfast wasn't all that. I have definitely had better at others Quality Inn. Overall ok, but a bit pricey for the poor night of sleep we got.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights over the weekend. The rooms are very clean and spacious. They are a bit dated and were starting to show some wear. The bathroom was small - however it was very clean. We had a room with a view of the river which was nice and the window in the room opened which I liked for the fresh air. The location is great - walking distance to most everything. The breakfast was good - the usual for a continental breakfast. We had a group rate so we only paid $99 per night which I felt was a good value for a clean, comfortable room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor with a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My wife and I spent two nights over the Independence Day holiday. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was spacious, clean, and well maintained. The hotel was very nice. Overall a solid experience

• Stayed: July 2013
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for your review and for staying with us during the holiday weekend!

We hope you consider us for any future plans in Oswego. We'd love to show you some of our ongoing property improvements.

Thank you again for the kind words which we will share with our staff! Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I actually had two rooms here over the weekend. A King Suite and a Standard 2 Queens.

The king suite was clean but definitely needs to be updated. The carpets are very old and should be replaced. The bathroom (especially when compared to the other room) also needed to be updated. The beds were comfortable

The Standard appeared to have some recent updates and was in better condition.

The location is superb, you can walk to everything except SUNY Oswego.

Service and Staff are A+. Very helpful. The breakfast is comparable to other hotels, On the plus side they have 3 waffle irons so no waiting. The coffee is quite good.

For this level of hotel I would rate them excellent and would stay again. The rooms are a bit on the expensive side for this level of hotel, but supply and demand are in effect here. If this were a more competitive city (hotel wise), these rooms would go for about $80.

Room Tip: Room 104 is updated, Room 201 is not.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Thank you for the review!

Unfortunately you caught us during our renovations. As you noted, room 104 had renovations completed a couple of months ago and will be the standard for rooms throughout the hotel (carpet, wallpaper, molding).

We have had to delay the completion of renovations until after peak season but our other rooms will be brought to the new standard soon so we thank you for your patience. We should also have a redesigned lobby and other updates in the fall.

One area that we can excel in until then is service so I'm very happy to hear that our staff met your expectations! We hope to see you again soon so you can experience the changes on our property. If you make it back before our renovations are complete I would suggest our Deluxe Suites and 1st floor rooms since you like the new style.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I was working in Oswego, Unfortunely, we got rained out.This place was a Ray of sunshine. Sharayah was working at the front desk, she took GREAT Care of me ! She provided me with information about local attractions, and places to eat. The food at the Bar located in the hotel was GREAT ! Great Stay, Great Value !!!

Room Tip: The Riverside is Wonderful !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank your for the "GREAT" review!

It's unfortunate that your plans changed due to weather but we're happy that we could be the port in the storm. I'm very pleased our staff took care of you and her performace/ your review will be noted in her records and our owners will be copied on her performance. I will also make our head chef aware of your great review.

Thank you again for taking the time to compliment our Guest Services Agent! We hope to see you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I travel for business every week. I stay in muliple Hotels every week. The respect & service I have received while staying here has been exceptional. If my travels bring me this way again, I will be staying here again! Great people, great location (on the banks of the Oswego River as it feeds into Lake Ontario!

• Stayed: June 2013
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for the great review! As a frequent traveler I hope that we can always ease your mind on your business trips by giving you one less thing to worry about. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your last stay and make sure you enroll in Choice Privileges (if you haven't already) so you can earn points for your stay as well as any promotional points that are offered.

Safe travels and we hope to see you in Oswego again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
The Red Mill Inn
The Red Mill Inn
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!