“Great experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Oswego
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Great experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had excellent accomodations for a handicap persons room. It was spacious enough for the power wheelchail to maneuver and had plenty of room around the chair when not in use. The bathroom was well done and spacious. The breakfast offerings had something for everyone's taste and a nice area in which to eat.The personal were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: The lobby is actually on the 3rd floor as the front of the building is street leve and the back with...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Steubenville Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I had to travel to Oswego on short notice for a funeral. Our arrangements we somewhat confused for a number of reasons. I spoke with the front desk person, Bryan, and he could not have been more friendly and helpful. His attitude and flexibility regarding our situation was the main reason we stayed at the hotel. But, once there, we found everyone and everything to be top flight. Staff were great and the room impeccable and well appointed. We did not eat at the hotel because of family commitments, but the restaurant and bar looked excellent.

All in all, we were very pleased with our stay at the Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floor facing the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Mohegan Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We arrived in time to take a quick visit to the Oswego Campus before dinner - our Open House at Oswego was the next day. It was then wonderful to have a really nice restaurant right inside the hotel (G&S Steamers) so that we could relax and dine leisurely without having to drive anywhere in a strange city! My daughter and I spent a few hours sampling many items on the menu while overlooking the Oswego River!! The food was great and the view was really nice!! We also enjoyed the continental breakfast in the morning. In particular, were very appreciative of the breakfast Hostess, a native Oswego-an, who pulled out a highlighted map of the city of Oswego, and gave us very informative information about the history and the current makeup of Oswego! I would certainly stay here again if I return to Oswego!

Room Tip: Some rooms have river views!!
Rhinebeck, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

As many parents and students this time of year, my son and I have been on the road visiting colleges. We were covering the Syracuse and Oswego area of New York State and booked a night at the Quality Inn and Suites Riverfront in Oswego. As the name suggests, the hotel is right on the river, and the rooms on the West side of the hotel provide river views. But what we needed was a straight ahead room with two beds, and the usual amenities for a decent price. This hotel fits that bill. The room is average in all ways, nothing more than you'd expect. The bathroom is small but adequate, the flat screen television provides two HBO channels in addition to the usual suspects. There is a restaurant and bar on premises. I can't speak to the food, but the bar was packed and there are half a dozen or more televisions using Direct-TV to broadcast a different sporting event on each one. The best thing about the hotel is it's location. It is within easy walking distances of a number of restaurants, and is two miles of the State College of Oswego. The complimentary breakfast suffers from the same problems all chains seem to have settled into: Pre-fab tasteless eggs and sausage patties, do-it-yourself waffles, stale pastries served on paper plates with plastic utensils. Whomever the cost-saving bean-counting genius in the hotel business that came up with this notion should be sentenced to a life trying to cut a self-cooked-waffle with a plastic fork. Low rent. Cmon, treat us like adults. But the staff was polite, and our visit at the Quality Inn provided my son and I an adequate layover before pushing on to see the next set of colleges.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went up to see my son at school. Stayed 1 night and found every thing was just perfect. Nice immaculate room on the riverside. Clean,plenty of pillows and towels. Continental breakfast was fine. I appreciated the 24 coffee and tea. It was late and I was tired after many hours of driving and appreciated the flowing hot tea. Check in was fast, easy, and courteous. The cleaning staff should get a raise my room and bathroom shined.Thank you for a great stay can't wait to get back for a few more nights.

Room Tip: Riverside is always nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for the great review! From the management to the guests I think we are all appreciative of the hard work our housekeeping staff does. I look forward to completing our renovations and making their jobs a little bit easier :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and the tea will always be hot and ready for you! Safe travels!
Massapequa, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here because we were visiting SUNY Oswego for an open house. It is pretty clean, a little worn, staff is friendly. Accomodations are more than adequate for a short stay. Everything was going fine and we were calling it an early evening as we wanted to get an early start. My daughter had been watching TV in the lobby and shortly after she returned to the room my son heard a knock on the door. We ignored it, but then it continued. He looked out and saw a man standing there and called me. I went to the door and now the knocking became banging. I asked who was there and the man answered Advantage Construction, let me in. I asked what he wanted and he said he needed to come in. He was persistent, demanding to be let in. This went on for some time and I told my daughters to notify the front desk. My daughter was extremely scared and begged the front desk to help us. I then told her to call 911 as this creep was still there. She was on the phone with 911 for quite some time when I told her he either left or stepped out of the view of the peephole. I didn't leave the door because I wanted to see what he was going to do. Soon after, another knock on the door. This time it was the front desk receptionist. I thought she would call security but instead this sweet tiny young girl came to help. What a dangerous situation. I am aware that the hotel can't control everything, but we certainly did not want to put this young lady in jeopardy. She was as frightened as we were. Soon after, the police arrived. Somehow they found the man banging on our door. He told them he was a hotel guest who accidentally went to the wrong room. This was a frightening experience and we are sorry we put the desk clerk at risk. I'm writing this to inform you that this hotel has no security. I'm still not convinced this was a confused guest because he was too demanding and was at our door for way too long. Needless to say, double lock and chain your door, instruct your children about answering the door and call 911 first as the hotel has no security. Sadly, the hotel never followed up. We couldn't sleep that night and had a 6 hour drive home after the college open house. The hotel dropped the ball and I hope all the people who stay here in the future stay alert. In a college town you would expect a bit more security and I hope the police investigate incidents like this a bit more seriously. Just because a person is registered at a hotel doesn't mean they're not capable of following an 18 year old to their room. This was a very scary situation and I hope that this hotel reviews their security procedures.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I can see how this was an unpleasant experience for you and one of concern. The steps you took as a hotel guest were warranted as I would have taken the same steps as a guest. Unfortunately, there are no preemptive steps can be taken to keep someone from knocking on a door so using the security features in your room and contacting the police directly or the front desk to do the same was the right course of action.

I'm thankful that this was not an actual threat. We are aware of who the guest was and he was a regular corporate guest that had too much to drink and was knocking on the wrong door. We have never had an issue with this guest and I think that the combination of alcohol and thinking that his roommate was playing a joke on him made for an unsettling combination.

In your description however you described our Guest Services Agent going to your room alone. I have spoken with the GSA and with our Restaurant Manager that evening who confirmed that he was in fact with her when she went up to the room. After you called the desk she immediately called the police department, contacted our Restaurant Manager, and accompanied him to your floor to make sure there was not an immediate danger. If I have been misinformed in anyway I would like to know. It's my understanding that the police arrived, confirmed the above information as I described, and spoke with you to ease your concerns.

It was disheartening to read about your perspective of this situation. Our property takes great care, within our ability, to ensure guest safety. All though we have very few issues we make every effort to handle concerns quickly and efficiently. You were advised to stay in your room, our staff immediately notified the police, our staff checked the floor, and the police department followed up with your concerns, our staff called you afterwards to make sure that you were ok. As the manager I have not been in contact with you because the number on file must be incorrect. It was my understanding that the police had eased your concerns and I apologize that that was not the case.

Again, although we have few issues our property access in the evenings is controlled by either manned or keycard access and we have security surveillance on most public areas. In addition the hotel hires private security during any events or special groups when we think it may be helpful as well as for our restaurant. All of these are in addition to our policies and procedures. We are lucky to live and work in a small and pretty peaceful community with a low incident rate. As a precautionary step will will still review our security policies and will be providing refresher training upon review. I do hope your future travels are uneventful and I applaud you for immediately taking the appropriate steps by not answering your door and contacting our staff. I can be contacted at chris@bhgmail.com for follow-up since I can not reach you by phone. Thank you.
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Everything about my overnight stay in Oswego was great. The young lady at the desk changed my room to a "5th floor" riverview room (which was great!) The room was spacious and clean, and all the staff I met were very helpful and friendly. Complimentary continental breakfast was standard but well serviced. I was a little concerned that the walls might be thin as I heard my neighbor's TV early in the evening, but either that concern was unfounded or everyone went to bed early as I slept well and was not disturbed by any noise.

Room Tip: Definitely get a riverview room. The hotel is built into a bluff or hill, so the entrance, lobby an...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville
Beacon Hotel Oswego
Beacon Hotel Oswego
#4 of 10 in Oswego

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!