“Outage worker”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel was good for the price and distance to work breakfast could've been better the bar and restaurant were good you got what you paid for at both the rooms were clean and I worked day shift so they were cleaned when I returned from work but the bathrooms were a bit small overall it was a nice place staff were really friendly and helpful

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your review!

Because so many outage workers spend so much time on the road we don't always get 3rd party reviews about their experience. It means a lot!

We are grateful for the business plant outages and the workers bring to our community and since the typical stay duration is 6-8 weeks you're essentially living with us for part of your year. Making a positive impact during your extended stay is very important to us and I'm happy that we lived up to your expectations.

Should you return to the area please contact me directly. We have newly renovated rooms coming in to service and ideal for longer duration stays that I would like to try and assign for you.

Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived on Friday to find yellow notices posted everywhere in the lobby area, including the front doors, stating we love our hockey tournament guests, but ABSOLUTELY NO hockey sticks or mini hockey sticks permitted inside hotel. They had 2 huge men in unmarked white tee-shirts following our kids and parents everywhere. They even stood outside rooms and knocked on doors in the early evening to check and see if the kids had knee hockey sticks. They will rent conference rooms to your group, but don't expect the traditional knee hockey in there either. Beautiful facility, great restaurant, but will never stay there again.

Room Tip: The front desk staff was very helpful with directions to the rinks, etc, but the way they contracted...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tourguide2009
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. As a sponsor for the Oswego Minor Hockey Association we take your comments to heart as we value you business and what that brings to our community.

Our hotel has an equal commitment to other guests in our hotel as well. Having managed several hotels in different parts of the country I can assure you that issues we have experienced in the past with some teams are not uncommon at all which is why we enforce our hotel policies. Due to damages, injuries, and noise related issues with children playing games in the hallways we do not allow hockey sticks or mini sticks in our hotel.

In addition, unaccompanied young children are a safety concern as well as a concern for other hotel guests which is why we pay for private security during tournament weekends. Their role is not to impose on our guests but to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for all hotel guests, tournament and non-tournament guests alike.

We have reviewed the comments from your team that weekend and have reviewed our security company to make sure they are clearly marked as security and that they are enforcing our policies in a manner that best suits all of our guests.

I thank you for your input and hope you understand both the importance of our policies as well as our efforts to make sure everyone staying in our hotel can enjoy a pleasant and undisturbed stay. We hope to see you next season.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites, Riverfront, Oswego NY while conducting a review of Oswego Hospital. I found the room to be very clean and comfortable, and quiet. Bed was very comfy. I also found the front desk staff to be very helpful and courteous. Ashley in particular was great and very friendly. The free breakfast was one of the better ones I've seen, with eggs and sausage served every day, along with fresh bagels, fruit and yogurt. Only thing I wish that they had was hot oatmeal. Otherwise, it was excellent. Each room has a fridge and microwave oven which was convenient. Good selection of TV channels as well.

Room Tip: While this hotel does not have a fitness center, you can use the one next door at the Best Western f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review!

We have several guests that visit, work at, or assist at the hospital and we love the business that you bring us so hearing your positive feedback is important. Also thank you for sharing your tip!

I will make sure a copy of your review is filed with Ashleys employee record and is posted for our guest service agents to see the impact they have on our guest stays.

I apologize for the oatmeal though since we typically carry it and may have been out or in between refilling when you visited. I hope you get an opportunity to come out and visit again after we shed some of this snow and switch to some greener colors! Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Quality In & Suites really caters to you. My group checked in on one of the snowiest days of the 2014 winter, it could've been a disaster. The hotel was prepared; having the keys ready, the snow shovels working and the hot coffee flowing. The lobby is spacious, restaurant is great and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. My job as a tour manager is easy in a hotel like this! Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

I don't know that you can get a review much better than from a tour manager!

Thank you for not only taking the extra time to post a review but for your additional input from our hotel survey. Your feedback is highly regarded and I have pleased that we met or exceeded your expectations.

Now you'll just need to return in the summer so you can see Oswego in it's best season! Thanks again for the fantastic review and we hope to see you again! Safe travels!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Mr. Shane Broadwell, I was a guest at your hotel on the evening of December 13th and checked out on December 14th. I was in the area for my son's commencement ceremonies at SUNY Oswego.

My stay was wonderful until I woke up in the morning to discover that I had a flat tire on my Ford Explorer. The commencement was starting at 10am and didn't have much time to arrive on time. Your staff at the frontdesk, Sara Kray and Ashley Sherman (who was training) handled all of my worries very professionally and promptly. They arranged a taxi and extended my checkout without a blink of an eye! The taxi arrived on on time to pick us up and return us to the hotel. We didn't miss anything at the commencement! Upon return to the hotel, I need to change the tire. It was 9 degrees outside and my son and I attempted to change the tire. Our handle for the jack was stripped and couldn't jack up the truck. Your Maintenance person, Mark Farrell pulled up 1 minute before to assist my son and I in the frigid weather. He volunteered his jack from his truck to jack up my Explorer. This worked and he directed us to the nearest Goodyear tire center to get the flat fixed.

As a traveling business man, I was very impressed with your team at the Hotel!!! You should be very thankful to have a great team of employees working for you! I wanted to thank them from the bottom of my heart to still make my trip a mmemorable one!!! I wish you and all your staff a Happy and Healthy New Year!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the amazing review!

Sometimes things happen outside of everyones control and I'm happy to hear that our staff was there for you across the board. Staff sometimes only hears what needs to be improved or when they fall short so having you take the extra time to point out our staff and how they helped you is very important to us all. Copies of your review will be filed for all of the staff involved and posted for our other departments

Hopefully your next visit to Oswego will be without incident and you can enjoy your stay without any of the extra worries. Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday, so that we could visit his parents in Red Creek, NY located about 20 minutes away. My boyfriend warned me that Central New York is miserable in the winter, it's cold, windy and snowy. He also warned me that the area is quite run down due to the harsh weather and limited industry. I was expecting the "Bates Motel" and I was pleasantly surprised with our visit! When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with a smile and offered a complimentary upgrade to a room with a Riverside view and two queen beds. The room was very clean, the beds were comfy and the bathroom was stocked with towels and toiletries. Our floor was quiet and allowed us several days of restful sleep. Our housekeeper, Misty, did a great job keeping our room spotless each day. I wish I could of left her a better tip. Another great thing about this hotel is that there is a nice restaurant & bar on the first floor, GS Steamers. We invited his parents to have dinner with us and we were all pleased with the menu choices. I had a Seafood Scampi (clams, shrimp, lobster, etc over penne). The seafood was fresh and delicious. It was also very reasonably priced! In the morning, there is also a complimentary buffett. Cereal, muffins, make your own waffles & breakfast sandwiches, coffee, tea and fruit juice. We stopped in one morning to grab a quick bite. The attendant was very nice and kept everything fresh and hot. In all, the hotel offers a great value for the price was paid to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a "Riverside" Room for a view of the Oswego River. Ask for 5th floor availability a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mskatewatt

Thank you for the detailed review!

Don't let anyone scare you too much! Snow is snow and everyone gets it in the North East (just some more than others ;) ) Fortunately Oswego is a growing community and there are a lot of great changes on the way and I'm sure you will see that on each return!

As far as your stay, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. Most people have a mindset when it comes to hotel restaurants however ours is a standalone business that is a staple in our community. I would encourage you to visit us again in the summer when we open our deck seating and allow you to fully see what our town has to offer.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

As usual, this hotel provided us with good service, as well clean and comfortable rooms. As thanks for our continuing visits, they upgraded us to a suite. This allowed our son to stay with us, making a family weekend more special

Room Tip: get a river view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for continuing to stay with us!

We want to keep you coming back and if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let us know! Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville
Beacon Hotel Oswego
Beacon Hotel Oswego
#5 of 11 in Oswego

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!