“Tasty Scenery AND Food”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Ovid
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you go to the Bistro, you will enjoy a terrific view of Cayuga Lake from the hilltop, AND imaginative and tasty food - and that doesn't begin to describe the wine you can get with dinner! On Saturdays there may be music, and sometimes a talented local potter or weaver may be available so you can get a few souvenirs or gifts. Service is fast and friendly.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was a great place to enjoy a fresh sandwich on the best focaccia bread I ever tasted. The ingredients were locally grown and fresh. The menu was limited but there was plenty to choose from!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I asked for a well-done burger, and it was completely dried out, but my friends who did not make special request, said they were eating the best burgers ever. On my previous visit, the food was okay, nothing special.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I visited the thirsty Owl in early August. We sat outside and enjoyed the wonderful views. Didn't have wine because we drank too much earlier on the wine trail. However, my husband had the burger and fries and that burger was the best we ever ate. As a matter of fact, we live 4 hours away in Schuylkill County, PA and we almost jumped on the bike Saturday just to get a burger.

1  Thank Lucy00Orwigsburg
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The winery was crowded with a bus load of tasters but the bistro(t) wasn't. My wife and I were seated on the deck with fine views of the vineyards and the lake. The server, Eunice, was friendly and professional. We chose two small plates (trout in a butter sauce on a bed of greens and pork belly with cauliflower, peppers and onions) and a green salad for two. The food was quite good accompanied by a glass of white and red wine ( a gewurztraminer and a Lot 99). The service, the wine, and the food, especially the pork belly, earn the Bistro a 4. Perhaps if they spelled bistrot correctly, they would get a 5.