“Alright I suppose!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ovid
Sned-Acres Family Campgroud
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Alright well this is my first almost camping experience so maybe I'm not the very best person to write a review of this place but I will tell you about my experience as subjective as I can. For a person with a camper, this place is good. Our friends brought a camper and they supplied the hookups and for an extra $10 you can get a premium view which oversees the large pond which is quite nice. You can park you truck directly in front or to the side of you camper or cabin. The paths are dirt and gravel and the land is very green. They have frisbee golf (the nets you toss the frisbee to). The arcade room is pretty crappy. It's like a shed with a ping pong table. They have an underground pool which is set kind of in the middle of the land so it's awkward but I suppose it's better than nothing. It wasn't too big. The campground has a 1 floor building for toilets and showers in case you don't have one in your cabin. To the left there are woman and men bathrooms with toilets and sinks like mall bathrooms and to the right there are separate outside doors to enter the individual shower stall. About 6 shower stalls each with a private outdoor entry and each with a area with a bench to put your belongings and hang a towel. Definitely wear flip flops and bring a towel and toiletries. The showers are reasonably clean with a few dead bugs in the holes in the mat but oh well, this isn't the four seasons. What is a little weird is that about 8 feet high over the showers the wall ends and you can hear your neighbor shower perfectly. There was a couple having a full conversation, one in the toilet area and another in the shower area and everyone heard. Weird. Anyhow the place was pretty decent, I suppose it depends on your standards. There was a $3 fee per visitor and I hear that the rented campers have AC available for $10 per night. There was a $3 per day frisbee fee. Oh about the facilities available for rent, we got a "cabin" which was more like a shed with a bed inside. It said built by Amish. There was plywood and wood on the walls and no dry wall or insulation. Our "cabin" had a sink, toilet, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and fan. The "mattress" on our bed was 3-4 inches thick, ouch. There were 2 bunk bed sets plus a full size bed in our "cabin". Eh we managed to survive by spending the days at the wineries. Warning around 80 degrees the "cabin" feels like 90 (like a shed because that's what it is) because it has a tin roof and no insulation. Good thing we left for the day. I made some friends and they showed me the camper they rented from Sned-Acres. It was much more comfortable than my "cabin" It had a proper kitchen and kitchen table and sofa and shower. Only thing was that it smelled really funny. Now I don't know if it was the family or just that camper or all the campers but they had pets so I'm thinking if you don't want smells get the non pet friendly camper and also pack some odor absorbing gels and lysol and maybe that'll help. Anyhow, no shed for me next time. Hope this was helpful to you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda R

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We camped here in September for 4 nights to explore the Finger Lakes area. We chose site # 58 which gave us a view of the pond and plenty of privacy at this time of year. The owners were very friendly and helpful when we encountered a problem with our trailer and did all they could to help us resolve the issue quickly! We would definitely stay here again. The location gives you great access to the wine trail, and there is plenty of country biking on quiet roads surrounding the venue. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CDLinds

Been to Sned-Acres Family Campgroud? Share your experiences!