“Just What We wanted”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ovid
Sned-Acres Family Campgroud
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were looking for a campground situated in the Finger Lakes, on the wine trail, and Sned-Acres fit nicely into our plans.

My first impression of the type of service was even before we arrived. Not knowing the area that well, I sent several emails, and each one was answered quickly and concisely. That friendly service continued when we arrived, where we were not given a map and told where our site was, but was escorted to our site by a very friendly and informative person. The campsite was everything I wanted, the area was clean, and management/employees were always visible. The bathroom facilities were old, but were always clean.

My only complaint about our facilities, and why I did not give it a five rating, was that the wifi connection was disappointing. I was hoping that we would be able to utilize the internet to keep in touch with our home (email, news), to help plan out our day, and to use it to view Netflix. Well, Netflix was impossible, and all other internet was very spotty. At times I had to wait up to 15 minutes to download my email, and other times it came in much more quickly. It was, at times, frustrating.

If I were to return to the same area of The Finger Lakes, I would certainly return to Sned-Acres, regardless of the wifi.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard A

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The pipe to the urinal came off, cascading water all over the side. The faucet handle at the sink came off. Instead of fixing the toilets they have signs that say "hold down the knob until everything is gone." And the showers lose all pressure at the end of the row. There wasn't anything that didn't have a problem. Wow.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jon G
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed in the hemlock cabin september 9-14. The cabin was great, the fire pit with a place to cook on was nice and the covered porch was nice because it rained a lot on our last couple days. They have lots of things to do there like the fishing pond, 2 hiking trails, horse shoes and game room. We will definately go back again! The owners are very nice and helpful !

Room Tip: The cabins near the pond have a great view!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I spent a week here tent camping in August, the weather was exceptional. The campground is quite and well maintained..the owners are friendly. We did a lot of day trips and visited many wineries in the area..Grocery store in Ovid about 10 min away well stocked and has fresh meats. We found many Mennonite road side stands in the area to buy fresh veggies..the sweet corn was fabulous...This is a great place if you just want to chill and relax. Firewood can be bought at camp store or at numerous roadside honor system stands in the area..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klucas60
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Nice campground in the Finger Lakes Region. The price was very good and we got a 10% Military Discount so if you have ever served and have proof, tell them when you make your reservation. Arcade Room for the kids could have been cleaner (toys etc.) with more variety of activities for children. Pool was nice but bring your own chairs...theirs should be thrown out! We were with three other families who were camping and my husband and I rented a trailer right across the street from them so it was very nice.

Room Tip: This is a campground but we rented a permanently parked trailer on the property. It was neat and cle...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Pretty location and nice price. It's centrally located about 30 minutes from Watkins Glen and Ithica. Lots of wineries surrounding the area but no stores close by (30 minutes also)
Restrooms functional but not the nicest. I showered in my RV. Playground was less than par, game room was a shed with ping pong table and basketball court was a tiny slab of cement but if these things are not important to you then you got yourself a deal. Owners were not overly friendly. Initially I thought the owner was waving to us as we came in each time to the camp but it was actually a warning signal to maintaine the strict 5mph speed limit (which we were going). Other campers with us actually got chased after by the owner on his golfcart. Overall rating a 3 :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We bough 10 solo cups for $!. one of the cups had black marker on the side with a girls name on it!! others had water spots on them. they were not marked anywhere as "previously used" The sights are on top of each other! luckily we were there on a week day so the place was not full. The lawn chairs around the pool were old and rusted. One of the chairs was badly stained with "something red". eeewww!.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deanna R

Been to Sned-Acres Family Campgroud? Share your experiences!