“Best Red Wine & Burger”

Thirsty Owl Wine Company
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Ovid
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This winery is one of the best in the Finger Lakes
Region....especially if you like red wine. The hamburger at the restaurant is the best. Chef grinds his own mix of meat every morning and it is served according to your requested temperature. The lake view is wonderful and there is lovely music on the deck on certain days. I am looking forward to going back soon.

There are newer reviews for Thirsty Owl Wine Company

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Thirsty Owl was one of several wineries we stopped at during our recent vacation time at Cayuga Lake. It's one of the listed ones on the Cayuga Lake Winery Trail along the west side of the lake. They have a bistro there, including outdoor patio seating with great views of Cayuga Lake.

We had planned to do the wine tasting, but it was crowded and there was no space at the counter. Rather than wait, I decided to go ahead and buy a few bottles, based on my review of their website and the wines that were medal winners. I selected 3 of their white wines: 2013 Traminette, 2013 Snow Owl, and 2012 Diamond. The Traminette and Diamond were excellent semi-sweet wines. I've not had a chance yet to taste the Snow Owl but I'm looking forward to doing so. They have a Cabernet Sauvignon Ice Wine, but it seemed relatively expensive at almost $40 for a 375-mL bottle, so we passed on it. We found less expensive ice wines at other nearby Cayuga Lake wineries.

1  Thank Roobydoo5
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great winery
Wine taste very well and facilities very well maintained
Amazing view and people were very friendly
A+

1  Thank speedracer8686
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A really top Pinto Noir, nice outdoor area on the deck and a great view. Also good food in the bistro.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The wines were awesome. My husband and I like white wines and we loved all the white wines we tasted! The staff is very nice and we enjoyed our tasting! We will be back on our next visit to the Finger Lakes!