“Convenient and nice staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ozone Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel earlier this month and forgot my suit. I didn't realize I left it until the following day. I called them and they told me they found it and put it away for me. As soon as I checked on on my following stay, I asked for the suit and it got it promptly.

What made me first book this place was the close proximity to JFK and free airport shuttle. It was also a 5 minute walk to the subway and pharmacies and restaurants were close by.

I would recommend this place to someone on a budget who wants a nice clean room close to JFK and subway.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LuvNegril2
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park

Reviewed 19 September 2012

This was a great little hotel to stay at for the night! The staff was very friendly and made me feel welcomed and comfortable. The shuttle service from Federal Circle to the hotel was quick and easy. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was adequate. Very nice stay overall.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have small windows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed here for a few days because of a wedding I was attending at Russo's On The Bay.IT was a $45 cab ride from LGA airport but they do provide free shuttles from JFK. I had a King size bed which was huge! The room was clean and equipped with a flat screen TV. The bathroom had the basic necessities, lotion, shampoo and a hair dryer. Coffee maker was included along with packages of hot tea. I didn't get to try the complimentary hot breakfast but friends were raving about the waffles and the waffle maker. Only issue I had was when I lost my room key I asked the guy at the front desk for another one, he asked which room are you in, I stated my room # and he gave me another key, he didn't ask for my name or anything....a little frightening. I also left some items behind and they actual saved them for me in the lost and found. Overall I would more than likely stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mstricia81
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This hotel is not actually in the airport, however, its location is in a good location and about a 20.00 cab ride away. The staff is really very courteous and are willing to accomodate your requests. They provided personal cab service so I could get to the baseball park and the driver was willing to come back and pick me up at an arranged location. This really helped me out sue to not knowing the area. The Hotel is not new, but who cares? It was very clean and had everything you might need for an overnight stay. There are plenty of stores and deli's within a 2-3 minute walk. The breakfast was adequate but its not an all out restaurant and I was not expecting it either. This is basically a hotel in a neighborhood area designed for a short stay in NY. I cannot complain and will DEFINITELY stay here again if I am ever back in the Big Apple!

Room Tip: Call in advance and explain your needs and desires.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CEAguilar
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The hotel, near JFK airport was very pleasant overall, with clean (if somewhat "compact" rooms, nicely appointed rooms, helpful and agreeable staff. The breakfast was the usual, but good, Comfort Inn spread, with make-your-own waffles and eggs w/sausage, as well as bagels, donuts, cereal, etc. The location was a little tricky, and without the GPS I'm not sure we would have found it. The only drawback is that there's very limited parking. Arrive in the evening, and you're on your own to find somewhere on the nearby streets. We found a
spot fairly close, but it was metered, so that we had to be out by 9 a.m. Aside from that, a good experience and good night's sleep on a very comfortable mattress....and airport sound didn't seem a problem. Must be pretty well soundproofed.

Room Tip: Arrive early if you need to park a car there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

After 30 years of staying at different hotels for 60 to 90 nights every year, I was shocked by the low level of the service I got this time from the hotel personal at the reception.
The first (and minor) surprise was when I checked out.
The I had to wait for the reception Clark until he finished dealing with the workers arrived to work that morning. He has to decide which one of them will work at the laundry room and which of them will do the guest room cleaning. Only after completing the work order tasks, he has time for the customers checking out.

The second surprise was with the JFK airport transportation. The hotel offers “Free transportation to JFK airport”. After arriving at the hotel we discovered this “Free…” is only once an hour, on the XX:30. Very bad for a hotel located 15 min from the air port. But nevermind it. We asked to use the regular hotel transportation at 4:30 pm. We waited there hearing the usual: “minivan will be here any min.” and at 5:00 pm we took a cab, paid 25$ and got in time to the airport. The guys at the reception did not have even a word of apology.
Very bad experience. We will not use this hotel in the future and will recommend others to do the same.

Room Tip: Although this one is close to JFK air port - avoid using it. Takes over an Hr to get there and I ha...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The hotel was OK, and really offered o major thrills. The main ammenities I took advantage of while staying here were the airport shuttle and the continental breakfast. The hotel is located in the Ozone Park neighborhood of Queens and was a relatively decent neighborhood. It was a 9 block walk to the subway, which I was able to do without incident even at 3 in the morning.

The airport shuttle picked me up from JFK airport; they refused to pick me up from Laguardia, so I had to first find transportation to JFK for a pickup. The shuttle was kind of old, but the driver was very talkative, friendly, and helpful.

Upon arrival and check in, the desk agent oveall was pretty helpful, and overall I had no major problems. I was assigned a non smoking room on the third floor. The beds in the room were comfortable and overall the room was clean, however since there were other people smoking on the floor, I had to walk through a haze of smoke every night to get to my room, and some of the smoke did seep into the room. This was not a plesent experience, and even opening the window did little to resolve the smoke problem.

The breakfast was adequate at best. There were hot items, including eggs and sausage. The eggs were OK, but the sausage was overcooked. Everything tasted as if it was cooked by microwave. Overall it really was nothing special for a breakfast.

Overall this is not the kind of hotel I was expecting for $165. In Arizona, this kind of money would get me into a 5 star resort, and this, as a budget hotel, was nothing close to that. But then again, it is New York, and every hotel I have ever stayed at in New York is vastly overpriced. This place is no exception.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the thrid floor unless you are a smoker. Ask for a non smoking floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Hilton New York JFK
Hilton New York JFK
#9 of 30 in Jamaica

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park? Share your experiences!