“OK for overnight, but hard to find.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ozone Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
Florence, Alabama
“OK for overnight, but hard to find.”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

It cost me two taxi fares to get to this hotel. Neither taxi driver was familiar with it, and the first dropped me erroneously at the Comfort Inn on the other side of the airport. Next morning another guest who rode with me on the free shuttle to the airport said her taxi driver also had trouble finding it. The room itself was fine, and appeared to have been updated: nice tiled bathroom, good king bed, coffee machine ... but there was a sort of mustiness camouflaged with room deodorizer that I didn't like. This odor was somewhat abated when the window unit air conditioner was on, but it is quite loud. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you're headed here, have the *exact address* typed out to hand to your taxi driver. If you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank edelstein7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We picked up the airport shuttle without a glitch. The person at the desk, Ramon I believe, was very helpful and patient. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet and we all caught up on our sleep from flying a transatlantic flight. I was thankful that they offered connecting and non-smoking rooms. There was a good selection at breakfast. The desk help told us how to catch the A subway, which we did that morning and headed into Manhattan. A wonderful though brief visit. We headed back to the room, the shuttle was waiting and we were whisked away back to the airport for our connecting flight. I'm so thankful for this hotel and the service it provided.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alicia328
North, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Because of a long layover between JFK flights, we booked a night here. You have to take the air-train and wait at Federal Station but they have a shuttle from there so it's not bad. The front desk person was nice and helpful, the room clean and comfortable, and the price OK for the area. Shuttle back to JFK is convenient and goes to your terminal. All-in-all not a bad stay for one night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cands2
Albany, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Although small, the rooms at this hotel are clean and nicely decorated with comfortable beds, and the bathroom had been recently renovated. Continental breakfast available and included a make-your-own-waffles station. Shuttle to and from JFK available. If you are being picked up FROM JFK, you must wait at the Federal Station stop and call the hotel for a shuttle. If you are going from the hotel TO JFK, it leaves every half hour and will drop you off at your terminal. Tell the front desk what time you will need to leave the night before so they can put your name on the list for that shuttle. Overall a fine place to stay if flying to/from JFK.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amanda W
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Had to stay there as a last minute resort. The location of the hotel is in my opinion in a sketchy area. Not sure if I was all that comfortable there. It’s a long drive from the airport, which makes the location even worse. Would I stay there again? Only if I had no other choice. The night staff was friendly, but their dress-code was worse than casual. The rooms were small but clean. Internet service was spotty.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I had stayed a night and I regret for having chosen this hotel. Internet never worked, the bathroom sink was clogged, they gave me the wrong key for the room. The staff was never empathic of any of those issues. Horrible experience!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jaikishan L

Travellers are raving about these Ozone Park hotels

Adelaide
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We had a 20-hour layover between flights at JFK so we chose the Comfort Inn & Suites because of its proximity to JFK, its price and its proximity to the subway.

On arrival we contacted the shuttle which was easy but apparently the shuttle had just left or something and we had a long 25 minute wait out in the cold at the pickup place.

Check in was fine. We were given our key and went up to the room but the key didn’t work. I went down the receptionist checked again and re-scanned the card. I went up again and tried and it still didn’t work. The receptionist sent up the doorman (?) who also tried and it didn’t work. He then knocked on the door and asked if anyone was in there and a frightened female voice from within cried ‘Yes’. It was past midnight and I can imagine her terror at being awoken with someone trying to open her door. It was a minor inconvenience for us and we got a new room – this time with no one in it.

The hotel had the stale smell you would expect with this kind of hotel. I tried the free WiFi and couldn't connect on any of my devices but found an Ethernet port and was able to connect my computer. The beds and shower were fine. The free breakfast was also fine and in line with other Comfort Inns we have stayed at.

We had the next morning to kill and the hotel manager was extremely helpful in providing travel advice. The subway line was only a 10-minute walk and we managed to have a splendid few hours in Manhattan. The shuttle back to JFK ran every hour on the half hour so we made it back in time to catch an afternoon shuttle.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hilton New York JFK
Hilton New York JFK
#8 of 30 in Jamaica
Radisson Hotel JFK Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park? Share your experiences!