“DON'T YOU DARE!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ozone Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
Mexico City, Mexico
“DON'T YOU DARE!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Writing reviews is tricky.... That's why I ended up here. Saving you is my intent. GOOD? only the attitude of the staff, the shower, and comfortable bed. BAD? The rest... Says parking: just 10 spots for the whole hotel, otherwise, the street. LOCATION? Scary... (And I live in Mexico City)...ROOMS? VERY small. ACCESSIBILITY: Hard to get your luggage to your room as the lobby is not on the ground floor, nor is the first row of rooms, so my room was at basement level with NO light except a small window...overlooking what? The 10 car parking lot and the bum sorting the trash bins.... My real view? The tires of my car which by a miracle I happened to find a spot for. ROOMS? Paper...wafer thin walls... Couple next to my room had a fight all night and I couldn't sleep at all! Shouting, crying, door slamming, the works!!! Rug??? never took my flip flops off. My aunt used her socks as slippers, they ended up black. PHONE? Had a light flashing, never was able to get rid of it...blinked in my face all night, except when I got a call around 2 am from a kid calling his Mom (still don't get it, there was a huge "family trip" bunch of people running all around, shouting from one room to another,etc... ) OVERALL WORSE PART? Location.. Don't care if it is close to the airport.... It was HORRIBLE!!! Run... Run.. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ositasegunda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Delhi
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel en route to Arizona and California. I just wanted a night's stay to rest since I was traveling from South Africa. Here are my 'Pros' and 'Cons'.

What was good:
- Free shuttle service from JFK so that saved some money to and fro. However, most of the hotels around JFK provides this service so nothing unique.
- Room was clean and so were the bed linens and washroom..

What wasn't good:
- The shuttle driver lacked customer orientation. May be because of his mundane job but that didn't create a good 'first' impression about the hotel.
- Contrary to a few reviews, nearest subway is a good 10-15 min away. The walk isn't too p,easing either.
- Far out to visit Manhattan - couple of hours up down should you fancy visit the city.
- Free Breakfast was sad quality; I preferred picking up a sandwich from the road. Coffee machine wasn't woRking and there was no hot water..

Overall verdict, for an extra 20 dollars, you can find better hotels around JFK - I will certainly avoid this hotel on my next trip to NYC.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ozone Park hotels

Florence, Alabama
Reviewed 3 June 2013

It cost me two taxi fares to get to this hotel. Neither taxi driver was familiar with it, and the first dropped me erroneously at the Comfort Inn on the other side of the airport. Next morning another guest who rode with me on the free shuttle to the airport said her taxi driver also had trouble finding it. The room itself was fine, and appeared to have been updated: nice tiled bathroom, good king bed, coffee machine ... but there was a sort of mustiness camouflaged with room deodorizer that I didn't like. This odor was somewhat abated when the window unit air conditioner was on, but it is quite loud. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you're headed here, have the *exact address* typed out to hand to your taxi driver. If you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank edelstein7
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We picked up the airport shuttle without a glitch. The person at the desk, Ramon I believe, was very helpful and patient. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet and we all caught up on our sleep from flying a transatlantic flight. I was thankful that they offered connecting and non-smoking rooms. There was a good selection at breakfast. The desk help told us how to catch the A subway, which we did that morning and headed into Manhattan. A wonderful though brief visit. We headed back to the room, the shuttle was waiting and we were whisked away back to the airport for our connecting flight. I'm so thankful for this hotel and the service it provided.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alicia328
North, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Because of a long layover between JFK flights, we booked a night here. You have to take the air-train and wait at Federal Station but they have a shuttle from there so it's not bad. The front desk person was nice and helpful, the room clean and comfortable, and the price OK for the area. Shuttle back to JFK is convenient and goes to your terminal. All-in-all not a bad stay for one night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cands2
Albany, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Although small, the rooms at this hotel are clean and nicely decorated with comfortable beds, and the bathroom had been recently renovated. Continental breakfast available and included a make-your-own-waffles station. Shuttle to and from JFK available. If you are being picked up FROM JFK, you must wait at the Federal Station stop and call the hotel for a shuttle. If you are going from the hotel TO JFK, it leaves every half hour and will drop you off at your terminal. Tell the front desk what time you will need to leave the night before so they can put your name on the list for that shuttle. Overall a fine place to stay if flying to/from JFK.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amanda W
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Had to stay there as a last minute resort. The location of the hotel is in my opinion in a sketchy area. Not sure if I was all that comfortable there. It’s a long drive from the airport, which makes the location even worse. Would I stay there again? Only if I had no other choice. The night staff was friendly, but their dress-code was worse than casual. The rooms were small but clean. Internet service was spotty.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
#2 of 30 in Jamaica
Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park? Share your experiences!