“Convenient to JFK”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
Syracuse,NY, United States
“Convenient to JFK”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Nice affordable hotel.. Friendly, helpful staff~~ Clean Rooms~ Modern Bathrooms~~ good Internet Access the hotel survey wanted a 200 character review, but I have nothing else to say...beyond the above brief statement so I WOULD SAY I FIND the requirement of a minimum of 200 characters annoying to participate in their survey...this is on reason I don't do surveys...they the designers of surveys dont value my time..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bethel, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Supposedly non-smoking room. Was surrounded by smoking rooms. Although I signed a statement that I was in a non smoking room and would have to pay $250 if i smoked. The stench from the other rooms filled the air of the entire floor. And worse , my room ! Even a towel stuffed on the floor by the door did not help. I left with my belongings, and person smelling like an ashtray !

1 Thank Margarete V

Travellers are raving about these Ozone Park hotels

Great Neck
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Nice Inn...Lousy location but they do have twice hourly shuttle service to JFK. Parking may not be adequate as they only have about 10 spaces. The place is very clean The room are comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was decent. AND...the prices are lower than any nearly comparable hotels or Inns in the JFK area.

NYC, NY
Reviewed 16 February 2014

For the price we paid, this had to be the most comfortable bed ever! And we have stayed in very upscale places! We used it for a rest period while we were working long long hours out in the cold, and it very much suited our purpose. Although we don't get to take advantage of the breakfast, I am sure it must be good. The hotel was booked solid on one of the 3 visits I had. We will use this location again, if and when we must.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I would not advise anyone to stay at this establishment. I know someone personally who worked at the front desk and was robbed at gun point in November 2013. When asked why isn't there any security available during the day they were told they didn't need it because they were robbed before but it took place at 3 am. So there is no need for security on a 24 hour basis. Point is, if the owners of this hotel are too cheap and do not care about their staff's safety, they definitely do not have concern for their patrons.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank blue j
United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

filthy furniture, sofa bed stained filthy, sofa mattress filthy, chairs worn out stained, filthy, computer chair worn out filthy, heating unit old not heating properly, bed mattresses not comfortable, parking problem, have to park on the road side and have to wake up before 7 am to move the car,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My main problem occurred when I called the hotel from JFK Airport Shuttle Pick-Up at approximately 8:50 on Monday, January 20th, to inquire what time the shuttle would be arriving for pick-up from the airport. The desk agent on the phone informed me that shuttled departs the hotel every hour on the hour. At 9:30 and still no La Quinta shuttle, I called the hotel to again inquire what time the shuttle would be arriving. When the agent told me the shuttle doesn't leave the hotel unless requested, I was extremely upset, as I felt that by calling the first time to inquire about the shuttle arrival, logic would have led the agent to inquire if the shuttle was required or she should have mentioned that it had to be blatantly requested. However, she started yelling at me once I expressed my frustration, saying that I was wrong and that I had not asked for the shuttle with her elevated tone of voice. When I responded to the agent that I had no desire to argue with her on the line and to simply send the shuttle, she continued to yell and explain that she was right, and I was incorrect. At this point, if I could have cancelled the reservation with no penalty, I would have more than willingly. I was extremely upset that as a service provider, the agent rather than apologize and immediately send the shuttle, instead decided to tell me that as a customer, I was wrong. After finally arriving to the hotel, the same agent (possible Marilynn) continued with her annoyed attitude. I decided to handle the issue in the morning. However, after a unsettlingly noisy one night stay, as I approached the desk in the AM, the male desk agent had his feet on the desk, watching tv with a hoody and I simply decided to never return to this very unprofessional mess of a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City
Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Hampton Inn NY - JFK
#2 of 30 in Jamaica

Been to JFK Airport? Share your experiences!