“Hampton Inn, Painted Post”

Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alexandria, VA, United States
“Hampton Inn, Painted Post”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have rarely had anything but the best experience when staying at a Hampton Inn and a Hampton Inn is our first choice if available in the area that we are visiting. This Inn offered the best of the kind of facility and service we expect. The person on duty at the desk when we checked in on June 22 was exceptionally courteous and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danielle Z, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Peter Y! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We love hearing our guests feedback and I have shared this wonderful review with my team. We are honored that you are so loyal to Hampton Inn as we strive every day to make improvements to better our guests experience. I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in our area. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a new hotel but there were still minor repairs that needed addressing while I was a guest. I reported these issues via a survey to Hilton Hhonors. I hope they address the issues I reported. The staff was friendly & the location is OK… it is, however, located next door to a "Harley Motors" showroom & there were big trucks & motors during my stay. This may appeal to some, but not to those who are solely at this hotel for other business.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danielle Z, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hello Rodney J! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us via Tripadvisor. I want to assure you I have personally addressed the issue with my mantainence department so we can resolve it immediately. I am glad to hear your enjoyed our staff and I will be sharing your kind words with them as they will greatly appreciate them.

As you mentioned, we are located next door to the Harley Davidson Shop, however we also had the famous NASCAR race in Watkins Glen this past week so we had some teams visiting us for a few days. On a typical day to day basis, we don't have a lot of big trucks surrounding us like that. However, I apologize for any noise issues you may have had.

If you're in the area again for business or leisure, please don't hesitate to call me directly at the hotel and I will personally make sure your room is up to par. Thank you again and have a great day!

Danielle Zinck
Guest Services Manager
dzinck@visions-hotels.com
607-936-5020
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A very pleasurable business trip hotel accommodation. The Hotel staff very professional, friendly, and helpful. Check in included a sign board with "guest of the week" posting. A basket with a snack assortment was waiting in the room at arrival.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danielle Z, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay with us. You were honored our Guest of the Week and we're glad you liked the snacks in your room upon arrival. We love making our guests stay a happy one. I will share your kind words with my team regarding their service. They will greatly appreciate the kind words as they work hard everyday to assure our guests are provided with a clean, relaxing stay. I'm glad we hit the mark during your visit. Thank you again and I hope to see you again next time your business bring you to our area.
Maryland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Hotel staff was great and very professional. They were willing to help in anyway they could. My room was clean and comfortable. Great location if planning on visiting Watkins Glen State Park. Breakfast was great and filling. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danielle Z, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
On behalf on my entire team, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our new Hampton Inn. We're happy you found our complimentary breakfast fulfilling before your adventures in Watkins Glen. I'm thrilled to hear you found our rooms clean and comfortable and my staff friendly and proffessional while they were able to help you wherever needed. We love our guests feedback and they will appreciate the kind words. We look forward to having you again during your next visit though the Corning NY area. Have a great day!
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We love Hampton Inns, so it was a no-brainer for us to book this brand new, beautiful, perfectly located property while vacationing in New York two weeks ago.

Check In/Out:
===========
We were greeted with a warm smile and friendly conversation in a lobby that's clean and very tastefully decorated with beautiful glass pieces. Check in was a breeze and the woman at the front desk graciously gave us a list of restaurants in the area, which was helpful, and a coupon for 10% off at Applebee's. We also received a complimentary snack and bottled drink for being HiltonHonors members. Checkout was also quick, easy and friendly.

The Room:
=========
Absolutely immaculate. Nicely decorated. Comfortable bed. Comfortable room layout. Perfect A/C unit. As we usually do on trips, we asked for extra pillows and shampoo and received them promptly and with a smile. Towels were fresh and soft. Outlets were situated in very convenient locations. There was an outlet directly between the two beds that even had two USB ports, so I was able to charge both my phone and my iPod at the same time. Awesome! Hair dryer was provided in the bathroom and it wasn't one of those "stuck to the wall" ones - it was a full-size hair dryer in a cloth bag on the lower shelf under the sink. Very nice! And my son got a kick out of the new "swipe" room key. :)

========
Pool area was also spotlessly clean. The pool itself was just right - not too warm or too cold and not over chlorinated as hotel pools can sometimes be. They provided large, soft, thick pool towels instead of those thin, small towels you normally get at hotel pools. Wow! Workout room overlooks pool area, which is nice if you're bored on the treadmill.

We always appreciate Hampton Inn breakfasts, but we enjoyed this hotel's breakfast area more than usual. The breakfast area was clean and well-stocked. They offered both hot and cold items and everything was fresh and delicious: hot, cooked oatmeal (not "instant" in a pouch), breads, cereals, yogurts, waffles, bananas, breakfast meats, egg dishes, sweet rolls, muffins, milk, juices, hard boiled eggs...they even had a fresh fruit salad of pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe and blueberries!

Coffee was available 24 hours a day and the front desk offered free cookies at specific times.

There's a small "convenience store" near the front desk containing snacks, medicines, toiletries and other incidentals. Though we didn't have cause to purchase anything, it was nice to know that if we needed something, it was practically within arm's reach.

Location:
========
Conveniently situated just off the highway, but not close enough that you can hear it. Wal-Mart, Applebee's, Arby's and Home Depot all within 5-10 minute walking distance. Just a short drive to Corning where there are numerous restaurants and, of course, the Glass Museum.

Overall:
=======
If we ever have cause to return to the Corning/Painted Post area, we definitely know where we'll be staying! Great job, Hampton Inn!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank boulderhoppers
Danielle Z, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your enjoyable stay here with us at the Hampton Inn, Corning. On behalf of my entire team, I would like to let you know how thrilled we are to hear you enjoyed everything from check in to check out. My team strives every day to provide our guests with everlasting memories during their stay with us. I will surely pass along this wonderful feedback to them. Our standards are placed no lower than to exceed our guest’s expectations and I’m happy we hit the mark during your visit. I’m glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, coffee and were able to take a swim in our indoor heated pool. Fun fact about our pool is that it’s saline not chlorine. We look forward to seeing you during any future travels to our area. Thank you again and have a great day!
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a brand-new hotel and it is up to the high standards I have become used to at Hampton Inns. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Perfect for an over-night stay. I'll stay here when I come back this way and recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Danielle Z, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us via TripAdvisor. We love receiving our guests feedback. On behalf of my entire staff, we're thrilled to hear we were able to accommodate you with our friendly staff and clean rooms. My team strives to make sure our guests receive nothing but the best and I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you again next time you're in our area! Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
Binghamton, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great hotel with the best staff that I have come across in all of my years of travel. This is a new hotel with all of the expected amenities. This was a great stay and would highly recommend. GREAT STAY!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danielle Z, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello Bob! Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with us via TripAdvisor. We love hearing our guests feedback. On behalf of the entire staff, I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your visits with us. We look forward to having you here again next time you're in the area. Thank you again and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post? Share your experiences!