“Alright, but not great”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Montreal
“Alright, but not great”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Interior is somewhat dated and worn. The fridge in our room made an unpleasant noise, so I had to unplug it. The bathroom was very small, with very little counter space. The sink's drain was rusty and the sink was cracked all around the drain. There is no elevator, so if you have mobility issues request a main floor room. The breakfast was fine and typical of this sort of establishment. The breakfast room was a little dark and uninviting. There was no LCD TV, but rather a large CRT TV. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review, so we can address the concerns that you had.

We are looking at doing some renovations to the hotel in the near future, your input will be very helpful in our planning process.

I am glad that you found your room to be clean and the bed to be comfortable.

I hope that if you are in our area again you will give us another chance to meet your needs.

Rosemary Magnusen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Amberg, Germany
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Afrer a long drive from NJ it is a pleasure to stop there. Receptionist always courtous, friendly and most helpful. The rooms are very comfortable. Breakfast offer is outstanding.
Highly recommend the Econo Lodge in Painted Post..

Room Tip: The location is excellent, right near Route 17. No noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
I am very happy to see that during your recent stay with us you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and found the room to be comfortable and quiet.

I will pass on your comments regarding the friendly staff to the entire team. Each person on the team strives to have every guest enjoy their stay with us.

I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit through the area.

pa
Reviewed 11 June 2013

very nice clean hotel.
great clean rooms, bathrooms are good. water pressure is good.
Breakfast was good. Bacon,french toast , cereal, tea, coffee , juice ,
muffins, bread etc.
Scott at the desk is very nice and welcoming.

Room Tip: We had second floor rooms. No elevator but we were good walking upstairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you were pleased with your room.

I have passed your comments on to the staff, especially to Scott, and they were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Hotel is just a bit hard to get too because of no u-turns on the road out front, but there are lots of roadside signs indicating where the hotel is. Walmart is right around the corner which can be a big plus.

Scott at the front desk was a great help. One of the best I have ever dealt with. Check in took about five minutes, but I was getting five rooms and had lots of questions about the area.

Rooms are on the small side, but very functional. Furnishings included two double beds, , lamps, table with two chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, CRT TV and clock radio. Four pillows were provided with each bed. Linens appeared clean. Beds were very comfortable. An iron and ironing board is provided. The bathroom has a single sink. Lots of hot water was available. The tub shower has the annoying pull down the ring at the end of the faucet to get the shower to work, but other rooms we had did not.

I used the internet in the lobby and my room. Signal was strong and speed was OK, but it took me about 8 tries to get in. Scott finally reset the wireless and that seemed to help.

Breakfast was good and included OJ, 2% milk, hot cereal, four kinds of cold cereal, muffins, bagels, bread, make your own waffles, bacon, French toast strips and hard boiled eggs. Coffee and hot chocolate were also available. A dedicated food service person kept things well stocked.

In general it was what we expected, but Scott really added to the experience. Morning staff was also excellent. Would stay here again without question.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your stay with us. I am very happy to see that the hotel met your expectations.

I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and that the rooms were comfortable and met your needs.

I appreciate your comments regarding the service that you received from Scott and the rest of the staff. The entire staff takes great pride in making your stay with us a pleasant one.

Thank you again and I hope you stay with us in the future.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband, I, and our dog stayed here for one night while on our way to the Finger Lakes. The front desk staff (Chris) was welcoming, and had us checked into our room in minutes. Because we were traveling with our dog, I had called ahead of time to request a room near the exit, and that was what awaited us. The room was spotless with no cleaning chemical odors. Necessary room amenities were provided along with an adequate breakfast bar. The location is great for exploring Corning, and is away from traffic noise. We will stay here again when we're in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happytrails91
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
I am very pleased to hear that you and your dog enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am glad that your room was located where you requested, that you found it to be spotless and that breakfast was to your liking. I will be passing your comments on to the entire staff, as they take great pride in making our guests happy. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for us and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Grantville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2013

fairly priced , clean rooms , friendly staff , great breakfast !!!! , have never had a bad stay here ! not a lot of truck parking but over all very good place to stay.....................................................

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Anthony O
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff and the cleanliness of your room. The entire staff strives to ensure that every guest is comfortable and that the hotel is clean. I have passed on your comments to everyone here and they are very appreciative. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Franklin, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Staff was very nice, hotel is very dated. Needs some TLC. Clean and Neat for old rugs and cracked shower stall and tiles and scratched up sink. Coffee and hot water machine in the lobby had hard water deposits on the dispensing nozzle that should be cleaned up. Doesn't look to appealing to any users. Beds were very hard, very uncomfortable. For an overnight stay near the highway it was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank emf145
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to see that you were pleased with the service you received from the staff. They take a great deal of pride in what they do and will be very happy to hear your comment regarding service.

I am sorry that you found the beds to be uncomfortable during your stay. Based on your input and the input of other guests all of the mattresses in the hotel have recently been replaced. If you are in the area again I hope that you will consider staying with us and that you will find the beds to be much more comfortable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painted Post
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!