“Good Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel in October 2013 and we were very satisfied with it. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Scott who was on night duty. No matter what time we left the room, housekeeping was there to clean and restock the room. The breakfast was average for a mid-priced place but I would have liked fresh fruit or at least some kind of fruit cup. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. The shower was difficult to understand and I needed to call the front desk for help. They told me the motel would be getting major renovations next year, replacing shower fixtures and installing an elevator for the second floor. This motel is pet friendly but does not have a pool or exercise room and the air conditioner is a bit noisy. It is close to Watkins Glen and Corning, NY. We have stayed here before and would stay here again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the left side of the motel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline T
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to be helpful. I am also glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and that the location is convenient for your needs.

We are currently in the planning process of renovations but at this point no details have been determined.

I hope that you are in the area again so that we can have another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

They try hard to accommodate, have popcorn and cookies, free internet and breakfast, but the rooms are just not good. Women at the desk did find a non-smoking room for us after we had been put in a smoking room. But we ordered a non-smoking room originally. Terrible pillows, old cracked sinks. Needs an update. I know its a cheap hotel, but just not good at any price.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the popcorn and cookies in the lobby.

I apologize that you were unhappy with your accomodations. We are currently in the process of planning a renovation to the property and all input that we receive will be used in the planning process.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again on a future trip to the area.

Travellers are raving about these Painted Post hotels

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this motel a few weeks ago. We visited a few state parks (Letchworth and Watkins Glen) and were just looking for a place to spend the night, so we ended up there. On the outside the location looked fine, safe and close to the highway.
The man at the desk was super nice and for not much money we got a a nice room, clean, firm beds, with a fridge. A nice surprise: there was free popcorn and coffee, even late at night. In the morning there was breakfast, with more choice than in most motels. In future, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NiM691
ELPPManager, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words on our hotel.

We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you were able to take advantage of our popcorn and cookies that evening!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you stop in our area.

Jackie DePue
607-962-4444
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We tend to shy away from Econolodges because several that we have stayed at have not been in the best of shape. However, we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the Econolodge in Painted Post is. Our reservations were accurate, check-in and check-out were both fast, the hot breakfast was very good, the rooms, while somewhat dated, were generally clean and comfortable, and fresh cookies and popcorn were available at check-in. We have stayed in Comfort Inns that have been no where near as nice as this Econolodge.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so first floor rooms are easier to access.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DRG169
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely pleased to hear that you decided to give our hotel a chance, and were pleasantly surprised, as we strive to make our hotel the best it can be. We are glad you found your rooms to be comfortable, and enjoyed both the breakfast and our popcorn and cookies that evening.

We hope to see you again next time you come to our area!

Jackie DePue
607-962-4444
flushing, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Centrally located between lots of waterfalls & colorful Finger lake Towns, this was our very comfortable home-away-from-home for two nights. Very clean accomodations, the most cnfortable beds in memory & delightful, well organized & efficient staff. We would stay here again without question!

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if climbing to the 2nd storey is an issue, ask for the man floor. Hotel i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were able to visit the local waterfalls. The waterfalls are a beautiful addition to our area. I am glad that your bed was comfortable and that the staff was helpful. Everyone here strives to make each guest's visit enjoyable so I will be happy to pass your feedback on to everyone at the hotel.

I hope that you will be able to visit us again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel's room is big, however, the toilet is so small. All amenities seems to be aged old. Furnishing need to be refurbished, toilet need to be updated (at least to make it looks clean; my daughter even didn't want to go inside the toilet). The worst of all is there is no elevator, u need to carry all luggage to the 2nd floor. Will never visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I am sorry to see that you were unhappy with your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are currently in the planning process of some renovations and all comments that we receive are being used in this process, so your comments are very helpful to us.

I hope that if you are ever back in our area you will reconsider and stay with us again.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am writing to express my complete dissatisfaction in my recent stay at the Econo Lodge Painted Post. After a long drive from Baltimore, we checked into the hotel after midnight on Fri, 8/30 with the original reservation having us checkout on Sunday, 9/1.

Upon arrival, we were immediately disappointed in the condition of the hotel. The entrance and lobby area were dated and had an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke which permeated through the hotel corridors. Having an infant with us, staying in such conditions was not ideal. However, since it was a ‘non-refundable reservation’ we had no choice. To make the experience even more difficult, the room we were given had an odor comparable to that of a room experiencing water damage (being a real estate agent also, I am familiar with the smell) This was tolerable but again, not ideal with an infant.

Which leads me to the most frustrating part of the stay. Online, I specifically reserved a room with a Crib as our second bed option. I also called the day before we were supposed to check-in, to confirm that there would be a crib in the room, which I was assured there would be. Our room was equipped not with a crib, but with a play pen. This of course did not work with our son who did not sleep the first night whatsoever. I understand him not sleeping is uncontrollable, but the fact the room was advertised and reserved under the assumption a crib would be available is not right. I would recommend changing the amenity to guests as a ‘pack and play’ or a ‘play pen’…but definitely not a crib. If we would have known this ahead of time we would’ve made appropriate arrangements and brought one along.

Due to the inconvenience, we actually ended up checking out a day early and we were not able to be refunded the night we didn’t stay. The hotel staff were courteous and empathetic, but really did nothing to fix the situation. I understand ‘non-refundable’ but the experience was completely not what we were paying for and expected.

I will say, the bright spot of the time at Econo Lodge was the breakfast offerings and cookies. Very nice!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I would like to take this time to apologize for the concerns that you had during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and all information that we receive is used to improve service for our guests. We are currently planning some renovations to the hotel and your input will be used in this planning process.

I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future on any trips to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painted Post
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!