“Disgusting”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Online this place appears to be a decent place to stay but pictures can be deceiving . I thought the rooms were behind the lobby in a nicer building, boy was I wrong. All rooms are outside accessible which is nice but they look like they haven't been taken care of in years. Our room was very musty and moldy smelling, the carpets were sticky, sheets had body fluid stains, the bathtub was just gross and the entrance door had a large crack in it that let in enough light to keep me awake all night (good thing it wasn't snowing!) the front desk staff seemed completely clueless to the fact that they were charging holiday inn prices for a no tell motel experience. I will be calling corporate as soon as I'm done with this review to get my money back

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank FrequentTraveler1486
MarcieStratton, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Although we continually strive for excellence, there are times when our guests may experience less than acceptable service or perceived value for their money. We are very aware that travelers are looking for the best value for their hard earned money and I apologize that you felt you didn't get adequate services for the price paid. We have refunded your stay and we do hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had a decidedly mixed experience -- some nice features, some basic deficits. I stayed here only because it was one of the only options on an unplanned trip. It's a huge old motel laid out in two-story buildings. My room was big -- a little bare, but clean and neat. The bed was quite firm, which I like. The fixtures were mostly new, but there's no hiding the age of the buildings, like water stains on the ceiling. The shower had good pressure and good hot water. My main problem was the faceplate on the door to the room was falling off, and it looked like the wood of the frame had been screwed into so many times, there wasn't much left. Didn't feel entirely safe -- it was hard to get the dead-bolt locked and even then I wasn't sure the whole thing wouldn't give way. The staff was nice and overall it wasn't bad, but I wouldn't do it again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank bufordwx

Travellers are raving about these Painted Post hotels

Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I booked this room on Expedia and I was a little afraid at first because there were so many negative reviews but all in all I think those people were expecting something that they weren't paying for. We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and it served its purpose. We had a room with 2 queens and a rollaway bed and still had room for the playpen for the baby. The room and bathroom were clean and the a.c. worked great. The breakfast was a continental breakfast... muffins, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal and fruit.. My kids were happy with it and since I didn't have to spend $50 on breakfast everyday I was happy too. We traveled to Horseheads and Elmira the whole time we were there and it was totally worth a few minutes drive to save over $100 a night compared to the other hotels in Horseheads. So the final verdict is.. if you want to stay at a resort and spa... pay for a resort and spa... if you want a nice place to sleep after a long day of visiting family or attractions... save the money and stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Amy S
MarcieStratton, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank You for your positive review! Everyone here at Americas Best Value Inn is looking forward to your next stay with us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have had a wonderful experience! The beds are super comfy, the front desk, the housekeeping, and the maintenance people were ready to assist us with anything we needed! We have been here one week now and are staying one more week! The room is very clean, the refrigerator is the perfect size for us to keep food and drinks we purchase from the Walmart that is about a 5 minute walk away, the internet connection has never failed, and the POOL the POOL is perfect! The pool is a family pool perfect for children under 10 as well as for adults. The internet and the pool ALONE are worth the stay! Everyone is so nice around here! I really did not know what to expect when we came from Houston, but I would definitely recommend this place for anyone (individual and family) to stay! It is close to Market street, Corning Glass, Mickey D's, Walmart, Applebees, Subway, Arby's, parks, lakes, wineries! I am so thankful I chose this place! I can't stand when I choose a hotel for my family and it is under-par, especially when we have to stay in it for more than one week! This place exceeded my expectations! We will be staying here during our next visits!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank You for your positive review! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Batavia, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2013

When we got there, we noticed the door sticked an awful lot when we tried to get in. We had to push real hard. Same thing with the bathroom door. My family loved the wifi access for our tablets and the TV was in good working condition. The air conditioning also worked well since it was hot in our room. The beds were comfortable for my kids and I, but my husband woke up with the worst back ache. In the morning when I tried taking a shower, the bottle of shampoo in the basket was completely empty. I could have called the front desk, but I shouldn't have had to. :( Breakfast was good, but there was no protein on the menu..not even boiled eggs..SO disappointed! The orange juice also tasted funny. The Inn wasn't what we had thought and it should actually be called a Motel. However, I loved the fact that there was a fridge in the room. The housekeeper came to our door way too early at 9:30 or 10AM. Check out time wasn't even until 11AM. What if we had still been sleeping?? Not really impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cariselle
Ontario,
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed here for one night. Had a huge room that was very clean with a king bed and very nice pillows. Wi-fi worked great and did not require a password. Motel was within walking distance to Home Depot, Walmart, restaurant and a small assortment of stores.
Not much of a breakfast though.....muffins, cereal or oatmeal, all packaged. That was our only complaint. Young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Very spacious and clean room we were in a king suite but our stay was not so great. The heater did not work in spite of the maintenance guy changing the batteries so we spent a very cold first night the bed comforter did not help at all as it was super light but the heat was fixed the next day after I complained again. The next night we couldn't get access to our room after a long day, apparently they had checked us out with all our stuff still inside the room after talking to the front desk lady who was in a foul mood our cards were reset . The breakfast is just so they can have it on their list of freebies it consisted of cold cereal ,muffins and beverages. Location is good its near to a small strip mall and Wi fi worked efficiently.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderlust8077
MarcieStratton, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for your honest and constructive review. I would like to personally apologize for the failing heating unit and the untimely fashion in which it was taken care of, as well as the demeanor of the Front Desk Attendant. I do wish that the attendant had better explained the key card's magnetic strip and the need for a protective sleeve so that they would not stop working. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

It is unfortunate that the Complimentary Continental Breakfast was not what you expected. We are continually upgrading and improving our amenities and services at the hotel and will continue to look into alternate cost effective breakfast options.

I thank you for your kind comments. You have noted that our guest rooms were "very spacious and clean" and I will make sure that these comments reach our housekeeping staff, who work hard every day to ensure a positive guest experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painted Post
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!