“Had a great time”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Clifton, New Jersey
“Had a great time”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed there during memorial weekend for the Glass Fest in Corning and to do a bit of sight seeing. The hotel is located at a great spot. You are surrounded by mountains and the highway is about 2 mins away. Corning is less than 5 mins away. The Watkins Glen Falls are about 20 mins away. The Corning Glass museum is about 5 mins away. The pool was great. Breakfast was great. Pancakes, omelets, sausage, cereal, pastries and fruits. The staff was replenishing quickly and cleaning the area. We enjoyed the snacks in the afternoon. The General Manager was very friendly and attentive. Our room was spacious for a family of 4. We would consider staying again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Letin
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that the location was convenient for you and that you were able to enjoy the pool. I was also glad to see that you really enjoyed our breakfast and that everything was to your liking.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Glass Fest which is one of the signature events of the town. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Rosemary Magnusen
General Manager 607-936-3344

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
warsaw, ny
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel overnight while we were blowing glass at CMOG. Upon arrival, there was a sweet girl at the front desk named Sara. When I read the board near the desk, it said "Guest of the Week" and I asked how you became that. We went out for dinner and when we came back - she said, "I have something for you" and handed us a basket filled with cookies and treats! The basket had a homemade sign that read "Congrats! You are guests of the week!"
The room was beautiful, the bed firm (just like I like it), the breakfast delicious, and the staff - especially Sara - was friendly beyond words! I will stay here every time I bring family or friends to Corning! Thanks for a very memorable stay!

Room Tip: I booked a room for $81 online and the king bed, micro, fridge, and perks came with it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tattoojules12
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our property and your comments regarding the service you received from Sara. Sara takes great pride in making our guests' stays memorable ones. I know that when I pass on your comments to her it will truly make her day!

I am happy to see that the bed was comfortable and that the breakfast was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again on your future trips to our area.
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

On a trip from upstate NY to Gettysburg we decided to stop in Corning to visit the museum. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express as it was a few miles away from the museum and offered a package which included tickets to the Corning Museum. Upon arrival I thought we arrived to a brand new hotel only to be told it was 18 years old and recently renovated. The warm and inviting lobby boasted a flat panel TV and a fireplace; a nice place to escape to from your room. We were warmly greeted and registration was quick. The hotel had a simple "happy hour" in process with some cheese, crackers, nachos, and a fruit punch which help me take the hunger edge off until we had dinner.
Our room was very nice with ample desk and drawer space. The furnishings were beautiful and the bed very comfortable. Another nice touch is that our room had a refrigerator and a mini microwave. Nice for storing or heating up those leftovers!
Buffet breakfast was included and was about the norm that you would find in these type of hotels; yogurt, muffins, pancakes, eggs, sausage, etc.
I think this would be a great hotel to stay at if you wanted to get away with the kids and go to the Museum. The hotel did have a pool which we did not use but it looked nice and clean.
You could tell the owners/managers cared about this property and cared about their customers. On a final note, I did stay at The Ritz in DC just the week prior. I'm not comparing the Holiday Inn Express to the Ritz but I was more impressed by the Holiday Inn Express as they highly exceeded my expectations! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: there is no special room as you will look over the parking lot or the street. rooms are very quiet!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for your great review of our property. I am happy to see that you were able to use our museum package to enjoy the Corning Museum of Glass on your visit. I am glad that the amenities met your needs and that the lobby and snacks made your arrival inviting. I have shared your review with the entire staff and you have made their day. We strive to provide service that exceeds expectations and are thrilled when we achieve that goal for our guests.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back and stay with us and perhaps have time to enjoy the pool on your next visit.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This had been a very good Hampton Inn location where we have previously stayed. It was recently changed over to a Holiday Inn Express, and appears to have had a total refurbishment, so it looks and feels just like a new facility.

They had a special AAA/AARP rate of $85 which is hard to beat these days in a mid-range chain.

The only negative is that it is hard to find the access to the property, but eventually we figured out you have to enter through the Denny's parking lot.

Despite being very close to the highway, the building is well built and was pretty quiet.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the side away from the highway and should be a bit quieter, but the ones...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you are pleased with our remodeling and that your stay was a quiet and pleasant one.

I look forward to seeing you again on any future trips to our area.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Overall the room was nice but the workout room was full of old broken equipment. How much would it cost to invest in new machines? Really makes it hard to stay here for work when it is impossible to exercise comfortably.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank five1three
I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review for our property. I apologize that the fitness equipment did not meet your needs. Due to the fact that the equipment gets used extensively we are currently looking at options to replace the equipment. I hope that you will consider staying with us on any future trips to our area. If you would like to discuss this in more detail please feel free to contact me personally.

Rosemary Magnusen
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area? Share your experiences!