“Everything”

Knights Inn Palatine Bridge
hemstead
“Everything”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

It's a terrible place to stay, had very bad experience of life.
it is shame to be the part of choice hotels. Need to be renovate the whole
motel.Stay away from it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Phil S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pickering Ont.
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Getting a late start to our trip to Cape Cod we stopped
into the Rodeway once it got dark. We have stayed in a
lot of hotels and this is got to be the worst. Seeing it's a
Choice hotel you would think there would be some "standards"
that they would have to abide by but, we sure didn't see
any. The wall paper was pelling of the wall, although some
had been taped back up. The radiators where all broken, and
flithy. The bathroom was discusting and the shower didn't
work at all. The only positive thing I could say
about the hotel , was the view in the morning. I rarely
have all negative things to say about the hotels I've stayed
at but this is the exception. It should be shut down!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Beachglassgirl1
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This Rodeway Inn off the NY Thruway just East of Utica is in dire need of repairs and upgrade. Do not waste your time. We were booked for 2 nights, but checked out after one horrible night. The window A/C unit was not up to the 90 degree weather, very small, old bathroom, hole in the blanket, old poor picture TV. Low price, low service, low quality.

Room Tip: There is no best room! Don
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank johnsordillo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I stopped here out of exhaustion - I should have pitched a tent in the woods. Over-priced room, smelled bad, appeared dingy and dirty, items didn't work and the BEDS WERE HORRIBLE! I got no sleep at all and left very early and will..never...ever...return

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Waterdances
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The first thing I liked here was the location - close to the highway and yet opening a scenic view beyond it. It was so great that I spent most of my time there sitting at one of the convenient tables in the open outside, doing my reading, writing, or just basking in the sun and enjoying the friendly environment. The fright trains running not far away in the front about every 20 min did not bother me at all - their sound was muted, and they even brought in an element of pleasant entertainment, albeit, admittedly, this may be a matter of taste.
Our room was clean and functional, the sheets, pillows, towels etc. - clean and fresh. Both - my son and I are very sensitive to smell, but we did not feel a slightest trace of any must or any other smell mentioned in some of the reviews that I read. The personnel was friendly and attentive to all our needs. Overall, we liked it here so much that we extended our stay here one day more than we had originally planned.
To be 100% objective, I have to mention that the sink worked very slowly, but this did not bother us much, so we told about it only after checking out, but I am sure that if we had mention it in the beginning, this would be immediately taken care of.
Our general impression is very positive, this was the best motel out of all 6 where we stayed in during our trip, and at one of the lowest prices.

• Stayed May 2011
Colorado
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This motel brought back memories of when our family of 7 took a cross country trip to Yellowstone and stayed at cheap old hotels. But, you must remember that this hotel is near the woods & lakes and probably lots of outdoor enthusiasts use it. The A/C gave off a mildewy smell, the carpets, bedding & towels were all very thin and worn, but the beds were firm enough and the rooms themselves appeared to have newer paint & wallpaper. The bathroom needed grout around the walls/floor and tub/shower again were quite old. No - this might not be the place to stay if just traveling through the area (just off of the highway) and expecting a quality place to stay, unless you don't mind old & cheap. But, we were attending the Baseball Hall of Fame Induction ceremonies & activities in Cooperstown - 30 miles away - and, this was the only place to stay in the area under $300! Actually only cost $75 - so we were willing to overlook a few things. Despite that and almost no breakfast items (McD just up the road) - foreign owner & family were very nice folks.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I was traveling with my family and needed to stop for the night and happened upon the roadway inn in Palatine Bridge NY. The room was gross. The bathroom filthy. There was soap scum all over the rusty faucets in the bathroom. They boast cable T.V. which is realy 12 fuzzy channels on an outdated T.V. The room had a nasty lingering smell. And then to top it off the man behind the counter, who identified himself as the owner, was rude, unprofessional, and in most ways downright creepy. I could see him peeking in room windows that clearly had guests in them. This at no time is ever acceptable. I did not feel safe here with my family and I urge anyone considering a stay at this motel to keep driving.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Amsterdam
Riverside Motel
Riverside Motel
#1 of 1 in Fultonville

Been to Knights Inn Palatine Bridge? Share your experiences!