I think this place offers a range of rooms, and I should start by saying that we booked the cheapest rooms on offer. I think our room was $80 or $85, which for the area was one of the cheapest around. So the more expensive rooms might be nicer. That said, we liked our room okay and felt it was a good value for the price. The furnishings did seem to be kind of 70s, but aesthetically it was not horrible, and everything was spotlessly clean, and we were comfortable. The rooms in our building all had a little veranda and table and chairs out front which I think would be really nice to sit in in the summer. Nature-wise, the location and surroundings were really beautiful.
We did not try the restaurant, as it was closed the night we were there.
The owner checked me in himself and we chatted a bit and he told me that he and his wife had bought it only last year and had been working very hard on the place. He was previously working as a journalist and his wife was a nurse, and they bought the business so they would have more time together as a family. I like the fact that it's a family-
owned business, and enjoyed talking with the owner - he struck me as a pretty nice guy. I have a feel they are going to do good things with this place, and we would probably stay there again if we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic year-round lodge set on the banks of the famed Kaaterskill Creek with spacious, comfortable rooms, some with fireplaces, and several cabins. Close to Hunter & Windham Ski resports, Woodstock, Saugerties and Horse Shows in the Sun. Full service steakhouse & pub on site open daily with Off Track Betting Parlor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Catskill Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catskill Mountain Hotel Palenville
- Catskill Mountain Lodge Catskill Region/Palenville, New York