My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Catskill Mountain Lodge while attending TAP NY at Hunter Mountain. This was our first stay and having booked over the internet, we were not sure what to expect. Upon arrival we entered the office to check in and were greeted by Cathy and Al, the owners. Instantly we felt comfortable and at home. We were impressed with the large layout of the lodge including a creek, basketball court and large outdoor pool for the summer months. They even have a recently renovated game room that kids would love. Even better was the restaurant and pub featuring 13 beers on tap. At night there was a great live jazz band, featuring Al the owner playing saxophone.
The rooms were clean and comfortable with a beautiful view from the balcony.
Al and Cathy were so warm and kind, you instantly felt like family. They went above and beyond to make sure we were enjoying ourselves , even going as far as driving us to the event we were attending at Hunter Mountain!!
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to Hunter Mountain or even just for a quiet getaway in the Catskills.
I personally will can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic year-round lodge set on the banks of the famed Kaaterskill Creek with spacious, comfortable rooms, some with fireplaces, and several cabins. Close to Hunter & Windham Ski resports, Woodstock, Saugerties and Horse Shows in the Sun. Full service steakhouse & pub on site open daily with Off Track Betting Parlor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Catskill Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catskill Mountain Hotel Palenville
- Catskill Mountain Lodge Catskill Region/Palenville, New York