My wife and I stayed there for two days arriving on a Wednesday and leaving on a Friday for a family event in the area. It was conveniently off of Route 9W not too far from the Tappen Zee Bridge. The entrance is a bit hidden, a medium sized sign, but not extremely large or well illuminated at night, so be on the lookout for it, especially when dark. The hotel is located on spacious grounds a relatively long way around a winding road through scenic grounds. The hotel does not have a large sign in front of it and so it was difficult to tell if we were at the right place. Other people pulled up when we did and asked us the same question, "Is this the hotel?". It was and everything went smoothly after that. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our son who flew in from out of town at the last minute was accommodated with a roll away bed at no extra charge, which was greatly appreciated. Our room was a rather long way through the building from the reception desk. In reality, this property is mainly a conference center and so you have to pass several conference areas to get to the rooms. When we were there, there were some people around, but probably no large conference being held. At times it was completely empty but this would probably be very different if a large conference were being held.
The room was very nice and clean with a queen sized bed and nice bedding. Being used to staying in Manhattan hotels, this was positively huge. The bathroom was also nicely laid out with a large sink area outside the toilet/bath proper. There was a nice desk area and a medium sized flat screen TV.
There are one or two restaurants and a bar on site, which is important as it is isolated from any other shops and stores on its campus like setting. We did not eat in any of them but we did have breakfast using room service on one day. The food arrived promptly and was very good and very reasonably priced for food and especially room service at a hotel. The campus was well cared for with large expanses of lawn and shrubbery as well as a water feature with a resident swan and fish swimming in it.
The parking area is a fair distance from the hotel entrance but is easily walkable. They offer no charge valet service which would be useful during bad weather of if you have trouble walking.
There is a fitness center, which we did not have time to use and an interesting area with detailed models of machines devised by Leonardo da Vinci on display in the common areas outside of the rooms. This, coupled with drawings of structures designed by Buckminster Fuller gave the place an interesting art gallery/museum feel.I do not know if the displays change or are static, but that what was there when we stayed.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and will likely come back when next in the area. As long as you understand that this is generally a conference center (originally used by IBM) in a campus setting and not a "standard" resort or chain hotel, you won't be disappointed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Rockland County, NY just 12 miles from the George Washington Bridge, 20 minutes from Westchester County and within 30 miles of five airports: Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark, Teterboro and Westchester, the HNA Palisades Premier provides an exceptional backdrop for meetings in New York. We are also accessible by bus at the Palisades stop. Free transportation from the bus stop to our location is available. HNA Palisades Premier, a 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner presents the highest-quality facilities and most up-to-date technology including 48,000 square feet of meeting space. Each of our 43 purpose-designed conference rooms create the perfect learning environment for strategic planning, management development, product launches and training. We also host executive retreats and team building. Whether you are planning a celebration, wedding, special occasion, bar/bat mitzvah, or even planning an event nearby, stay with us... we offer a special group rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Ibm Palisades Hotel Palisades
- HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center New York