“Extremely satisfied”

HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palisades
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My wife and I stayed there for two days arriving on a Wednesday and leaving on a Friday for a family event in the area. It was conveniently off of Route 9W not too far from the Tappen Zee Bridge. The entrance is a bit hidden, a medium sized sign, but not extremely large or well illuminated at night, so be on the lookout for it, especially when dark. The hotel is located on spacious grounds a relatively long way around a winding road through scenic grounds. The hotel does not have a large sign in front of it and so it was difficult to tell if we were at the right place. Other people pulled up when we did and asked us the same question, "Is this the hotel?". It was and everything went smoothly after that. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our son who flew in from out of town at the last minute was accommodated with a roll away bed at no extra charge, which was greatly appreciated. Our room was a rather long way through the building from the reception desk. In reality, this property is mainly a conference center and so you have to pass several conference areas to get to the rooms. When we were there, there were some people around, but probably no large conference being held. At times it was completely empty but this would probably be very different if a large conference were being held.

The room was very nice and clean with a queen sized bed and nice bedding. Being used to staying in Manhattan hotels, this was positively huge. The bathroom was also nicely laid out with a large sink area outside the toilet/bath proper. There was a nice desk area and a medium sized flat screen TV.

There are one or two restaurants and a bar on site, which is important as it is isolated from any other shops and stores on its campus like setting. We did not eat in any of them but we did have breakfast using room service on one day. The food arrived promptly and was very good and very reasonably priced for food and especially room service at a hotel. The campus was well cared for with large expanses of lawn and shrubbery as well as a water feature with a resident swan and fish swimming in it.

The parking area is a fair distance from the hotel entrance but is easily walkable. They offer no charge valet service which would be useful during bad weather of if you have trouble walking.

There is a fitness center, which we did not have time to use and an interesting area with detailed models of machines devised by Leonardo da Vinci on display in the common areas outside of the rooms. This, coupled with drawings of structures designed by Buckminster Fuller gave the place an interesting art gallery/museum feel.I do not know if the displays change or are static, but that what was there when we stayed.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and will likely come back when next in the area. As long as you understand that this is generally a conference center (originally used by IBM) in a campus setting and not a "standard" resort or chain hotel, you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: If you don't like walking, ask for a room closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike5395
Dave R, Manager at HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to know that we have provided you with the service and hospitality you expected during your stay. It is extremely important for us to know how we are doing and appreciate feedback in which we can share with our team. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels take you through the Palisades NY area in the future..

Warm Regards

Dolce Palisades

There are newer reviews for HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Tucked away on 9W a Conference Hotel on the IBM campus property. Lots of amenities fitness, great banquet restaurant. The hotel grounds are stunning, this is not the Ritz rooms are a bit worn but comfy, this place is for Adults, great location hotel for a trip to Nyc GWB, Bergen or Rockland county. You will be surprised, it is convenient for true new yorkers.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The staff at this hotel was very friendly! Accommodations were clean, but could use some updates. Grounds are beautiful and hotel layout is perfect for a conference. Continental Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

Guest service for night auditor was fantastic, as I did arrive very late. She was energetic, attentive, courteous. Upon entering the room, it wad very humid and musty. I located the thermostat and while attempting to adjust the temp, I was approached by a black spider with a white stripe down its body. After killing the spider, and checking my sheets for insects (hotel habit), u found yet another spider at the bottom of the bed on the bed skirt. Not happy. I called the front desk and informed the person that answered, He apologized and assured me that a manager would contact me first thing in the morning; as it was approaching 11pm. At noon I had still not heard from a manager and upon check out asked to speak with a manager. The agent began abruptly and rudely asking Mr why and whether or not I drank the water in the room. I told her that I was awaiting a call from the morning manager and had not received a call. She again questioned me as to what I wanted and why, and would not contact the manager. Finally I abruptly told her that I will be waiting in the lobby until she contacts the manager. 5 minutes later, she did and he addressed the concern, apologized for the inconvenience and offered a discount on my stay. As far as cleanliness- needs dusting, cobwebs were in corners; new pillow cases as they are discolored, and perhaps a plastic cover for the extra pillow that is stored in the closet. Overall its just OK. Needs new furniture, everything is faded and worn. Just cosmetic work seriously.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank smurfjeep711
Dave R, Manager at HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

It was a pleasure meeting you and would like to appologize once again for your experience during your stay with us. I am happy to have been able to offer you another guestroom, one of which was to your satisfaction but also understand how important a first impression is to our guests and unfortunately we failed in that aspect. We will share your feedback with our team and utilize it to improve upon our services and standards which are very important to us as a company.

Regards
Dolce Palisades Hotel

Reviewed 2 May 2012

What more can you ask for from a resort. Yes it's a conference center, that you wouldn't even be aware of unless you were there to attend a conference because the facilities are designed to separate the areas. The surroundings would make any resort proud. The dining options are pricey, but for a Sunday buffet with a swan pecking at the glass window a foot from where you are eating it was worth it and the for the breakfast buffet was actually reasonable. The staff were incredibly friendly and I did have my 16 year old daughter with me and we did not encounter the same issues as Pat M, but I understand she might have run into issues we didn't. I could definitely see this being more of a corporate or couples retreat then family night stay. However for the convenience of the location to Manhatten, the surroundings, the staff and the price, our stay was nothing short of perfect. We plan to return.

Room Tip: Pond view on a higher floor. Don't forget to check out the fitness facility, it has mini basketb...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Dave R, Manager at HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We are delighted to know that we have met and or exceeded your expectations! Looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

P.S - Sadie (the swan) loves being the center of attention!

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've stayed here often, and find the other reviews interesting.

First of all, it's a corporate conference center, not a hotel. (If you want a quick hotel stay in the area, try the Orangeburg Holiday Inn.). It's really not designed for the casual traveller, and definitely not designed for kids.

Having said that, if you are in the area and need a room, the nightly rates are not bad. But the place is geared to the conferences that are there.

It has gotten a little run down, but IBM recently sold it to Citibank. I hope they freshen it up.

Yes, the food is good, and the jogging path is really pretty. I've never had a dirty room, just a little run down.

Room Tip: Ask to be near elevator. Long walk otherwise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kib57
Dave R, Manager at HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us. Feedback such as yours helps us improve our operation and therefore better serve our guests. Was there anything in particular from a service or delivery aspect which did not meet your needs during your stay?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards

Dave Roman
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed a Sunday night with my spouse, Beautiful grounds. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Furnishings show signs of wear and could use an update. We had a problem with the toilet not flushing properly and it took almost 40 minutes for a maintenance person to come to fix it. Meanwhile, we couldn't use it and had to wait around and waste time that could have been used to take showers and get ready for our outing. Parking is a little hike from the hotel - not so bad in warm weather, but we were here in January - so we used the valet service. However, when I realized I left my glasses in the car, it seemed too much trouble to get them. I had stayed here years ago for a business meeting and had no problems then. This is more of a place for business meetings than vacationers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palisades
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center? Share your experiences!