“Clean, spacious, great meeting location, breath of fresh air....”

and 1 more site!
HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had a 2-day company meeting here and I was surprised at the cleanliness and overall sprawling format of the grounds and meeting rooms. The room itself was a surprise with plenty of space, nice big picture window and very clean!

The meeting rooms were numerous, and most rooms were very spacious. The main meeting room with 3-large-projector screens insures noone misses the presentation content. Really top-notch technical setup.

The grounds are beautiful - it's a very nice 'breath of fresh air' to get away from the typical office meeting space and it felt a little like a 'retreat'.....at least as close as any company can get to that with cutbacks & restrained budgets! It was refreshing to wak to the view & the river and well-groomed grounds!

Restaurant was decent food, but the buffet style meant waiting in line for the popular items - this can quickly shave 20 minutes off a 1-hour lunch. Formal dinner on 2nd meeting night was excellent food and staff was very attentive.

Parking is a short walk, fine if the weather is agreeable but if it's rainy or cold this prove an issue (especially for us ladies whan we are trying to stay put-together for all-day meetings)! They do have valet parking, but the space looks limited - there was no charge (I beleive it was included with our meeting/group rates?) but the valet genuinely appreciated a couple bucks each run.

As a side not for Starbucks addicts - there is a drive-through location 1.9 miles away, a very quick drive even in "rush hour" times.....a Panera is right across the parking lot & a Walgreens as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator to minimize your walk, or, a room at the far end for more priv...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hodels

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Facility is excellent, up to date, spacious and in a beautiful wooded secluded setting. The food is good, I would say more time spent on food presentation then the actual taste. Parking is some distance from entrance but not a big deal. Work out room is excellent so bring your workout clothes if your their on training.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I attended a one week seminar/training class at the Dolce Palisades last week and it was outstanding. The service was fantastic and everyone was friendly and professional. The staff made you feel at home and everyone in our group was delighted with the attention to detail. the food was outstanding and the staff was again attentive to needs and very friendly and helpful. Breakfast...outstanding, eggs to order with a smile. Lunch...healthy and plentiful...Dinner...delicious and you can't wait for dessert!!! Head over to the bar and say Hi to Mike for a nightcap. Rooms are comfortable and bed is perfect. The business center area is quiet and the rooms we used are comfortable with good equipment for our agencies needs. The food at the "nourishment hub" was fresh and the staff worked hard to keep it refilled and clean...Thank you to those folks!!! Overall, my agency does not do this often, we really appreciate how hard the staff worked to make us comfortable and welcome. I would recommend it to get people to a peaceful environment to think, work and bond.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed at Dolce IBM for three days last week and was very pleased. I was at the facility for an IBM class and could not have asked for a better experience. I travel every week for my job and the hotel bed was very comfortable and the bedding is very soft and some of the best quality I have seen away from home. The dining room is fantastic! All of the meals were superb and offered a good deal of variety. The desserts were delicious and quite dangerous for my diet. The facility has an excellent gym with basketball court along with the normal array of machines. I never used it, but I was impressed that the lounge had a pool table for the guests to enjoy. I look forward to my next class in the area and will definite want to stay here again. I would like to have my family accompany me to enjoy the facility as well. I almost forgot to mention the hotel is located in a wooded area and hallway from the lobby to the guest rooms crosses a bridge with windows overlooking a large pond which is the home to some rather large Koi and a few ducks which added to the overall positive experience of my stay at the Dolce IBM.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor to avoid using the stairs or elevator to reach your guestroom...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bill_bartley
Reviewed 1 April 2013

It was a great space. Used to be a conference center now opened up as a hotel. Have some things to work on like # of towels and consistent room service. Parking lot is a little far from hotel entrance but if you like quiet, secluded woods and nature...this is it. Food is also good but a Lil pricey. Great fitness center and Olympic sized pool!

Rooms are cozy not too big...tv is a Lil too small for a hotel room. Price! AMAZING!

Deer roam property at night. You can stop at the two lookout points on 9w on your way from GW Bridge!

We will definitely go back there!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Kind of out of the way but it's a business hotel so I guess the less distractions around the better. Our cab driver from JFK had no idea how to get there, even after programming it in to GPS. Once there, he drove around the parking area 3 times before we saw the sign that said "Guests" with an arrow pointing which way to go; so the signage could be a little better. Didn't help that we got there at night. Check in was smooth. Room had everything I typically require except of course for a fridge & microwave but it really wasn't necessary for this trip. Beds & bedding were super comfy! Very tranquil surroundings with walking trails in a wooded area. Even saw some deer while walking outside the premises. I wouldn't necessarily stay there for a pleasure trip but for business, it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Once again attending a business meeting at the IBM Palisades facility. As usual, the staff were friendly and courteous. The meeting facilities are outstanding, the food nicely catered. We had a bit of an issue with our group dinner and reception, but, the staff worked hard to make it right, and we appreciate that.

The rooms are getting a bit dated, but, overall they're pleasant and comfortable for the business traveler.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palisades
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen

Been to HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center? Share your experiences!