HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center
US$133
US$195
US$150
US$146
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$167
US$186
US$133
US$122
US$192
US$171
All reviewstennis courtsracket ballrockland countygrounds includebeautiful propertybusiness travelerhot tubbreakfast buffetguest roomscommon areashotel experiencewi fithe entire staffcomfortable roomsnew york cityblu loungeibm
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights as part of a training course. Secluded property with beautiful grounds. The room was fine but I can easily see some people being disappointed if they go there thinking "resort/getaway". The bed was comfortable and given I was there for training, I had no complaints regarding the size (a bit on the small side) of the room and lack of warmth with the decor. The food was OK, but a bit disappointing, I thought it would have been better. The interior of the hotel is very corporate. The secluded location doesn't leave much opportunity for any interesting activities nearby, but if you're looking to disconnect from everything and everyone, this may be the place for you. Fitness facility was pretty good and I got in some great workouts while I was there. Also shot a few hoops in one of the raquetball courts, which was great. Parking can be a schlep. The staff was friendly and helpful. Most of the people you will come across are going to be corporate folks in the middle of some form of training so the atmosphere will be different than your typical hotels. It's a fine place if you're there for that reason or as stated before, you want to truly "get away" from things.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lionfanNewYork
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We took two rooms in this beautiful property, after looking at the images on its website. It was all that the images promised, except for one small fact: there were just no people there! From the time we entered the property via the mile long driveway, to entering the reception and taking the long hike through the corridors till we reached our room on the first floor, except for the lone receptionist, we did not encounter a single soul. No other guests, no other staff members. And this happened two out of the three days we were there. Great, if you're looking for that kind of privacy and solitude. Creepy, if you have an active imagination!
On the plus side, this hotel has some great outdoors, complete with a creek and large manicured grounds. We were pleasantly surprised to find a neatly fitted out gym with a swimming pool attached. The flavored teas in the lobby in the mornings were much appreciated.
On the negative side, the bathrooms were minuscule, with tired curtains and a scuffed up tub. The breakfast buffet (not included in the room tariff) at 22 USD approx, did not seem to us to be worth the amount being charged. Housekeeping was a major disappointment, with the room not serviced on our first day of stay. I happened to leave my Macbook charger plugged in, and an article of clothing behind in the bathroom, which upon asking on the next day after checking out, the hotel refused to have found. The dispirited receptionist and demotivated attitude were a complete deterrent.
Probably, a great place for conventions, or bigger parties. For small family groups like ours, probably not!

Room Tip: choose a room on the ground floor, to gain quick access to the grounds and the parking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mamtamalu
Reviewed 4 November 2013

After a really stressful few weeks, my fiance thought it would be a nice idea to do a mini-getaway and book a room here. I agree with the reviewer who called this place "Meh, it's okay but...".

Before going into detail, here are nuts & bolts:

Pros: grounds, quite/peaceful setting.
Cons: slow food service (room service & otherwise); decor/sterile dorm-like feel.

The grounds are beautiful but the interior, especially where the rooms are and the rooms themselves are just ok. I have stayed at other corporate training facilities turned hotel (during slow periods) and the rooms here felt more like a nice 80's dorm. The entire residential wing was probably pretty cutting edge back in the 80's but feels pretty sterile & dated as a hotel.

We learned the property's history from a staff member - basically, it was a Boy Scout camp turned IBM corporate training facility, now trying to become a resort. The staffer mentioned that IBM is trying to off-load it and has opened it up to hotel stays as a way to offset it's expense to them.

Prior to arriving I checked for reviews & saw pretty good ones regarding the food but found it to be limited and on the bland side. However, it was pretty good for where we were. Also, we tried ordering room service. It, like the dining area near the bar was really really slow service wise. This was surprising considering the place was pretty empty (saw 20-30 other guests max during our 2 day stay).

The short - if you are looking for a corporate retreat or training facility, then check this place out. If you are looking for a mini-getaway, skip this place and book elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed one night at the Dolce Palisades. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was on the exterior and the interior is very unique. Very clean, good service, amazing fitness room, pool and indoor courts. Would have liked to stay longer. No food available during the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This property serves its primary function as a training facility for IBM and Chase. The people I met that were there for training were studying all the time. They are there to build their career, not to party. The hotel was constructed in the 80's. While the hotel isn't in bad shape it's starting to show its age. The room carpet is worn and the woodwork is beat up.

The sprawling nature of the property can be tedious if you are going in an out often. The parking is free and ample, the problem is it is over 100 yards from the front door and the closest rooms are another 100 yards from the lobby.

The good:
the property is quiet and is in a beautiful wooded setting
It's a reasonable distance to get to the city
the bed was VERY comfortable

The bad:
The worst toilet you could imagine. It's a very old model, low boy, water efficient design. It clogs very easily. The hotel must be on to this as the TP they provide is like RV toilet paper.

The front desk staff was not that great. They are pleasant as long if you ask nothing of them.

I had 5 packages delivered to the hotel. None of them made it to me without me spending a great deal of time to retrieve them. They have no system in place which is absurd. the packages ended up in their shipping department, at the front desk or with the bell clerk. There was no standard policy in place. Every time I got a package, I was told it wasn't there and had to bring the online delivery confirmation on my laptop to have them make an honest effort to locate the package.

I called for engineering to unclog my toilet. No response for 5 hours. I found a maintenance cart and took the plunger to unclog it myself.

The maid service in the room was good when it was done. One day it was skipped. One day the towels were taken but not replaced and the room wasn't cleaned.

I ordered breakfast and got an omelet and two bagels. The service was prompt. The bagels were 3 inch, frozen style, mini bagels $4 @.

Room Tip: If you are going in out often ask for a room close to the front door.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business