“New facility. Great location.”

Palmyra Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Palmyra B&B and Inns
“New facility. Great location.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is right next to LDS historical sites on the main highway. The building is relatively new and very clean. There was some noise from a youth group in an adjacent room. Better sound barriers would be nice. Continental breakfast was "average".

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
D.C.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff is very friendly and I feel they try their best to be helpful. The accommodations are adequate, but not impressive (in terms of quality-- it's not luxury). I think they do well working with what they've got. It is not top notch furnishings-- I was unfortunate enough to sleep on the pull out bed and I could feel the springs all night. My mother had one of the beds and said it wasn't special but she slept just fine. The Internet did not work and the explanations that were given to appease us didn't make sense, but they got it fixed by the next day. The "pool" (really an oversized Jacuzzi) was under construction, but we were not warned prior to booking or when checking in. They advertise they are close enough to walk to certain church historical sites but fail to note that you have to walk down a road that has no sidewalks or trails. I was particularly irked not to be warned of that by the young lady at the front desk when I asked for walking directions to the Sacred Grove with my two children who are younger than 10 years old in tow. They do offer a breakfast but it is not eggs and bacon fare, it is all bread and cereal products with yogurt. (Oh wait-- they did have hard boiled eggs available you could warm up.) Like I overheard the guy next to us say, "I'm full, but not satisfied. I'm underwhelmed." All in all this was a decent place whose location can't be beat if you are in town for church historical purposes, and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this place was the best in town. That should definitely count for something. If you are looking for a place to eat, definitely check out Yellow Mill Diner!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The rooms were very spacious and the hotel staff very accommodating. Room was clean and fridge and microwave nice to have. Only a mile and a half to access the trail beside the canal at lock 29. Trail is cinders and great to ride. Hotel breakfast was ok. Great for a group.

Room Tip: Very quiet area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cochranville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

If I could give your Inn a 10 star review I would! What an excellent place to stay! Wonderful people that work here! Very accommodating! Rooms were spacious! Just an amazing place to stay!!! We rented 9 room for 25 of the group! All were pleased with the service and kindness of the staff! We will be back!

Room Tip: I really cant rate the pool or hot tub, it was closed while we were there. We rented 9 rooms for 25...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Smithfield, Utah
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I like that the rooms are spacious. I loved the mini fridge and microwave. The building is well maintained. I did not appreciate that the hot tub was closed and I was not warned at booking or check in. It looks like it will be down for several weeks? Pricey, and maid service was poor and grumpy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank D'Anne M
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in and after a hot night it was apparent that our AC unit was not working. When I mentioned it to the manager he was quick to get us another room and even better he upgraded us! The rooms are nice and breakfast & wifi are free! The location is absolutely perfect and so close to all of the sites!

Stayed June 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was a great place to stay! such comfort and it really helped us students with the kitchen in our room. The only problem was that the maid didn't come the after out 1st night. but the front desk was more then happy to help us with our out of towels problem. I did not appericate the fact that the pool was closed for "renovations" i mean i know there are a lot of ysa coming but to close it was just unfair. we apid to be able to use that pool. ALL in all an amazing trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Comfort Inn & Suites
Finger Lakes Hotel
Finger Lakes Hotel
#3 of 4 in Farmington
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites

Been to Palmyra Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!