“Fabulous!!”

Panama Rocks Scenic Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Panama
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore a half-mile long ridge of 60-foot high rock forming crevices, passageways, and caves hidden in an ancient forest! Located just 15 minutes from Chautauqua Lake, Panama Rocks is one of the top-rated attractions in Chautauqua County based on independent reviews on TripAdvisor. The Panama Rocks formations are surrounded by a one mile long hiking trail, but most guests enjoy going off of the main trail to explore! Visitors spend anywhere from one hour to the entire day having fun and exploring the park. Picnic tables are available. The trail is relatively easy to hike (Class 1) and guests of all ages enjoy it, but there are roots, rocks, and uneven ground; it is still a hiking trail! Plan your trip to explore one of the most fun and popular "things to do" in Western New York today!
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Went to Panama rocks with my sister, her partner and two kids, both in Middle school- we had a fabulous time, climbing on rocks, exploring rock spaces, and just enjoying the scenery!! Grounds are beautifully kept, people are so friendly, and it was one of the most scenic places I've ever been in my life! Would highly recommend this place, but its not for the really young, not for strollers.

Black Mountain, North Carolina
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have been visiting the rocks since I was a child. It is a wonderful and scenic place to bring kids. There is a great path to walk or if you are young and agile, you can spend hours climbing the rocks. Bring a picnic lunch/dinner to enjoy after your wanderings.

Erie
“Great Family Fun!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We live in Erie and decided to take the kids for a day trip since hubby had the day off. It is hard for us to go places since our kids our such a range of ages (11,9,2 &1). When we got there we thought we would have to carry the baby through the walk, but to our surprise they had a baby backpack to carry her. All of the kids had a great time. The two year old had fun exploring the rocks and the 11 & 9 year old had a blast! The baby enjoyed her self and even fell asleep during the walk. We hadn't planned on going there that day, so I was wearing my flip flops. I made it through but I would highly recommend some sneakers! Great trip!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome day at the rocks”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Panama Rocks is beautiful - I'll definitely be visiting again. The rocks are huge and there's an easy trail to walk around on and admire nature. The lush green tree cover is a relief from the heat of summer, so it's a great place to visit even on a hot day. For the more adventurous (like me!) there are rocks to climb on and caves to explore. Bring a camera - don't miss photo ops of your friends and family with the rocks four times taller than them. After a morning of climbing and hiking and caves, lunch on Lake Chatauqua was well-deserved and delicious!

Visited August 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“visiting”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

seemed like a very interesting place to visit we climbed some the kids really liked it too a nice place for an adventure