“Splendid” 5 of 5 bubbles

Panama Rocks Scenic Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Panama
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore a half-mile long ridge of 60-foot high rock forming crevices, passageways, and caves hidden in an ancient forest! Located just 15 minutes from Chautauqua Lake, Panama Rocks is one of the top-rated attractions in Chautauqua County based on independent reviews on TripAdvisor. The Panama Rocks formations are surrounded by a one mile long hiking trail, but most guests enjoy going off of the main trail to explore! Visitors spend anywhere from one hour to the entire day having fun and exploring the park. Picnic tables are available. The trail is relatively easy to hike (Class 1) and guests of all ages enjoy it, but there are roots, rocks, and uneven ground; it is still a hiking trail! Plan your trip to explore one of the most fun and popular "things to do" in Western New York today!
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Splendid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nothing less than a fantastic day spent in the wilderness. I always love visiting this place and I always will.

“Always something new”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to the park many times and each time I find something new and I am always in awe with what has been created here. I always enjoyed my visits as a child and continue to enjoy them as an adult. I can't wait to bring all of my kids to the park again so that I can share this with them.

Panama, New York, United States
“Peaceful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've been visiting Panama Rocks for over 25 years. Now that I live in Panama - I have a season pass, and love to go visit for a quick walk. It is quiet, cool, peaceful and beautiful. Love it!

Fredonia, New York, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have been coming to Panama Rocks as a family and with friends for many years. And we find something new and different to discover every time. To truly observe how our Earth was formed, there is no better way to learn it than to experience it first-hand, and Panama Rocks lets us do just that!
Whenever friends visit from out of town, it's one of our "Must See" items on the list of suggested things to do. It's not just a 'walk through a park' it's an actual experience with the wonder of nature...actually one of the real Wonders of the World.

Visited July 2014
Elgin, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Primeval Forest in Western New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This park is a photographer's gold mine! The lush green mosses cling to the towering rock formations giving the landscape a magical feel. The lighting is spectacular as the sun peeks through the densely forested area highlighting the crevices, ravines and unique natural formations. This is truly a magnificent find! You are free to explore as you want and are not limited to walkways or marked trails. Be sure to wear appropriate shoes since much of the area is comprised of exposed tree roots and the rocks can be slippery. My husband and I are in our 60's and not avid hikers, and we had no difficulty getting through the park. I don't think I would bring small children unless you supervise them very closely.

2 Thank retiredcomputerprof