“Wouldn't Go Back” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner
River Vale, New Jersey
“Wouldn't Go Back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was a good place if you wanted to sit at the bar and have bar food, but we went for dinner in the dining room. French onion soup was good. Wasn't too crazy about the entree. The turkey on my sandwich wasn't "fresh roasted" like it says on the menu. It was pre-packed deli meat that had a very strange taste. I had never been to a restaurant that had deli meat on a triple decker sandwich, even at the diner. I took most of the turkey off and ate my triple decker as a BLT. The curly fries were good. My boyfriend had the corned beef reuben. I tried it and it was okay, but still not great. I just don't think they use good quality meats there. I am the least picky person on the planet when it comes to food--I usually like it all, but unfortunately the H&J was disappointing. The server was super friendly and fast, though. If you go here, just go to the bar and order appetizers, that is probably what they are best at.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Milford, Connecticut
“Fine Bar Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We were out for a drive and came across this unassuming but colorful restaurant & pub. Bartender John sat us in the dining room, offered to change the television to what we wanted to watch and promptly took our orders. The menu and atmosphere was that of an Americanized English Pub. Choices included Bangers & Mash, Sheppards Pie, and Specialty Burgers to name a few. We ordered a burger and a hot corned beef on rye. Both served with a garlic pickle, french fries and choice of mustards. An English mustard named Colmans was super spicy and delicious. I recommend Horse and Jockey based on it's friendly service and food.

Visited April 2014