“Beautiful but not too cleanly”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Pearl River

Hilton Pearl River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Linden
“Beautiful but not too cleanly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Beautiful hotel and property once I found it. I arrived at night and besides the sign by the light to turn there were no other signs to find hotel. When I found it there were no signs on or near the building that said Hilton so I wasn't sure if I was in the right place. Once I walked up to reception I learned I was in the right place. Beautiful hotel and room besides the still wet rings from glasses on my night stand and the bathroom counter that didn't look like it had been cleaned in quite awhile. In the morning I got to see the property it was on and it was perfect especially in the fall with the leaves turning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Jennifer O,
I am glad that you seem to have had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for sharing your comments about the condition of the guest room when you checked in. Without knowing more details of your stay (date of stay, name, room number) it is difficult to look into this further. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly so I can look to address your concern. Should you return to the area I hope you choose us again.
Thanks,
william.maloney@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New Milford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My older sister just got married last weekend at the Pearl River Hilton. This was an excellent hotel to stay at as well as have a dream wedding! Aside from a beautiful ceremony and reception,my family, friends and I enjoyed the bar and breakfast buffet. The rooms were simple but extremely clean and comfortable. I had a problem with my shower and someone was there to fix it immediately!

1 Thank Leonora C
William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Leonora C,
Congratulations to your sister, her new husband, and your entire family. We're so glad you enjoyed everything so much. We hope to see them again for their anniversary!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

The location of the hotel, the lobby, Le Jardin and the ballroom and our room were very nice, as was the wedding reception food and service and the post wedding brunch. Unfortunately the AC unit noise was disruptive to sleep.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was both a guest for two nights while attending a major family affair that involved Friday night dinner, the main event on Saturday afternoon, and breakfast on Sunday. This provided an opportunity to experience this hotel in multiple ways. They came throught handsomely in all categories. Room price seemed reasonable, both with or without the special rate for event guests and the rooms were in the very good to excellent range. The catering was impressive. The food, overall, was quite good and the staff made feeding several courses - different meals for the 125 kids and the 125 adults seem remarkably effortless. Event rooms were beautiful and accommodating and handled the large crowd extremely well. While at times throughout the weekend there were other major events occurring simultaneously, it still seemed as though our event was the one and only. No small feat in my view. The hotel and catering staff were excellent throughout. Highly recommended.

1 Thank RBJoelson
Setauket, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed the night of Sept 20,20213 for a Sept. 21 catered reception. The room was quite nice but the furniture showed some wear with nicks and dents. The bathroom didn't have a make up mirror and the ventilation was such that the bathroom stayed foggy after a shower for an extended period of time.Actually the bathroom was quite strange with only a shower which had a bathtub spigot about a foot off the floor as if there had been a tub at one time. the shower enclosure was insufficient to keep the bathroom floor dry.With the fogand wet floor you needd to be careful not to fall. The bedding was it's usual high quality and service was generally good. Hilton needs to find some way to prevent their doors from slamming when closed. They provided the wake up calls, repeatedly---very annoying.

The food and service at the catered affair was quite good. There really was nothing wrong with the hotel just a few rough edges and some annoyances you usually don't have at Hilton properties.

Room Tip: Away from the ballrooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Patchogue, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I made reservations in June for a family Bar Mitzvah in October with my company discount. At the end of August I received an email asking what party I was attending. I told them the name of the Bar Mitzvah boy. It seems that they were overbooked for the Saturday I had reservations for and other rooms were at a higher rate.The General Manager emailed me on the first day of Rosh Hashanah. When I didn't return the email (I do not use the computer on Rosh Hashanah-duh) he called me the next day which is the second day of Rosh Hashanah and called my company to see if I worked there. It is hard to believe that anyone in Rockland County would not know when the High Holidays are especially a hotel that is used for weddings and b'nai mitzvahs. When I feel nice I see the General Manager of the Hilton Pearl River as trying to squeeze the most money out of every room otherwise I wonder if he is prejudice.
I canceled my reservation since I am not comfortable with a General Manager that is so inconsiderate of my religious observances.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Annette L
Annette,
As you know being a Hilton employee at a neighboring hotel in New York, it is common practice for the host property to reach out to the employee's hotel to verify employment. I had made a few attempts to contact you (I truly and sincerely apologize that any attempts were made on Rosh Hashanah) because, as I explained in my messages, we were very concerned that the Bar Mitzvah you referenced had no other rooms at our property. We wanted to be sure you were at the right place. I made it clear in my messages that I was confirming your reservation and we were looking forward to welcoming you - just that we were worried that you might have booked the wrong property for that event. Again, you have my apologies for this misunderstanding.
william.maloney@hilton.com
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I recently went for one of the best Weddings in my life in this place and had a blast. I would stay again here as it is a good place get away from the city and enjoy a nice and calm weekend with your loved ones and family!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

#1 of 1 in Woodcliff Lake
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Hilton Pearl River? Share your experiences!