“Make this a regular stop”

Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Peconic
More attraction details
Owner description: Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard's winery & tasting room is situated on a 17 acre vineyard in the North Fork of Long Island NY. Our address is 1375 Peconic Lane, Peconic. Our tasting room & winery is located in an historic barn circa 1900's. This casual and rustic setting is a great place to start your wine appreciation. Through education and our hands on approach, is what makes our winery a perfect spot to enjoy on the wine trail. We have many Estate wines to choose from cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, White Merlot, and Chardonnay. Our tasting room is open 11-6pm see website for days Groups larger than 6 MUST make a reservation due to our limited space. Tours and Classes are also available. Please visit our web site for dates & times.
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Make this a regular stop”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is a great little vineyard that is just off of the main strip. I went there last year for the first time simply because we made a wrong turn and now I tell people to make it a stop on their trip out there. It's a little small so on a busy day it can be a little crowded but it's all positive.

I highly encourage the full tasting which can easily be shared between 2 people. What's nice about it is that you get to try the old owners of the place and the new ones who are taking over. Their staff is knowledgable and it's interesting to see how few differences there are between the making of the wines but how varied they taste. I also enjoy how they have programs to make your own barrels of wine. I haven't invested in it yet, but I keep putting it on my bucket list for the year.

There is some nice out door seating and sometimes they have live music - always a plus on a sunny day out east.

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

BellaVitaVineyard, Owner at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for your great review and sharing your experience at our vineyard.

We hope to see you again soon!

Wading River, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Cozy tasting room”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This tasting room is very cozy. The wines are very good. Also check out their bed & breakfast. It is quite beautiful. You will thoroughly enjoy your stay.

Visited February 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

BellaVitaVineyard, Owner at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your recommendation. We're so glad that you enjoyed your experience at our winery and the B&B.

We hope to see you soon!
Sinerely,
Mineola, New York
“Vine to Wine Tour - Peconic, NY”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

A friend and I decided to take the Vine to Wine tour and tasting. We had called ahead the day before yet arrived 20 minutes late the day of. Nevertheless they were very welcoming and due to the day being slow instead of jumping in to the other two-person tour we waited a few minutes and began tasting while the they finished up with the other couple so they could start over with us. The location was quaint, very cozy and warming, and the staff were incredibly hospitable and down to earth. Our tour was led by Anthony Sannino, a wonderfully outgoing guy with incredible passion for his work. He really puts his heart and soul as well as a great wealth of hands-on knowledge into his wine. The tour was personal as it was just the two of us and it was neither dull nor overly confusing. Anthony was very knowledgeable and thorough and made sure we understood everything. We finished the tour and tasted quite a few more wines with a cheese plate and ended up purchasing four bottles. For one I must add I have never been the biggest fan of wine (unusual for coming from an italian family) though I have enjoyed it when I've come across a good one.. and I must say I loved his wines, and second I have NEVER tasted chocolate in a wine before as I had with his 22 month aged 2010 Merlot. Overall the experience was exciting, informative and very enjoyable. The best wine tour I've been on. Anthony is a remarkable man and he doesn't forget what making wine is all about, the importance of everything involved, and how and where he began. I have the utmost respect for what he does and I am glad I was able to enjoy a visit to the winery and a taste of the remarkable wines. Absolutely wonderful experience that I would certainly do again and recommend to anyone interested in, (especially for your first wine tour!).

Visited April 2013
BellaVitaVineyard, Owner at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
We would like to start by saying that your detailed review is wonderful and we truly appreciate you sharing your experience with the viewers on Trip Advisor. Secondly, we thank you for recommending our vineyard wines and tour. It is customers like you that we strive to please and that make it all worth the effort.

Very Best,
Northport, New York
“Wonderful intimate vineyard!”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Lisa and Anthony were so engaging with all of the customers and took the time to make each one feel like regulars. Their wines are excellent and their experience and ability to share their knowledge about wine making and convey that information in terms that were understandable to regular folks was great! The North Fork vineyards have become very touristy and Saninno Bella Vita Vineyard was a pleasant and welcome change from many of the commercial and impersonal vineyards that have popped up in recent years. Looking forward to going back soon!

Visited November 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! It's so nice to hear that our winery brings a unique flare to Wine Country. We appreciate your recommendation.

Hope to see you soon!
Douglaston, New York
“Great wine and music experience”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Outstanding hospitality, great wines and wonderful music. I want nothing more than to hang out here on a weekend afternoon.

Visited October 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

BellaVitaVineyard, Owner at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation about our winery/tasting room. We hope to see you this season!