“a nice place to hang with a best friend”

Kathleen's Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Peekskill
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Westchester
“a nice place to hang with a best friend”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I go here whenever I meet my best friend from out of town. The place is small with lots of teapots all over - of course. The tea selection is outstanding. The food is very good, a bit expensive, but this is not a place you come every week. You must try the scones with clotted cream - this is not to be missed.

They do a wonderful presentation for Girl Scouts - and its fun for them

Its a place to be experienced. Once in a while, the persons get snotty -

This again is usually experienced by older folk - meaning over 40+.

Its a wonderful place to meet friends and spend time - at least 2 hours sitting, sipping wonderful tea, talking, reminising, and eating. Never miss the scones. Give it a chance

Visited December 2011

Kingston New York
“Delightful”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Kathleen's Tea Room located in Peekskill, NY was delightful. Having family live in that area many years ago, one wouldn't expect that there would be a tea room in that city. But, there was. The decor was rather Victorian and every nook and cranny was filled with tea pots, etc. (most for sale) or other decor. The food was really good and filling. There were choices of 2 cup/4 cup teas and there was quite a variety. The desserts were great, too. A couple of comments....I thought that tea served British style came with milk....but it did not and I didn't ask because I drink tea without it. Also, there was no salt or pepper on the tables...I highly recommend this tea room AND highly recommend that you reserve a table. We went on a holiday weekend and it was packed, so it worked out to have a reservation. Also, street parking on Saturday and Sunday in Peekskill is free.

• Visited November 2011
“Still Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I still LOVE this place!!! The atmosphere, service, food It's all delicious. My favorites are still The Lucia salad and The scone,berries and cream. SCRUMPTOUS. One of my all time faves. This past visit I had two meals and two desserts. I ended up bringing alot home for later. The same staff and new owner are all very friendly and welcoming. They have later hours on Friday night and I think Sat too. Give Kathleen's a try. You will be glad you did!

Maria

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank NewyorkChubby
Glen Head, New York
“Something Different”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Delightful, eccentric atmosphere, great tea selection and the best scones I’ve had in the US. Large selection of tea pots for sale. Food was very fresh, well prepared and attractively presented. Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank kptkelly
Mount Kisco, New York
“We Just Had Our First Visit To Kathleen's Tea Room And Are Planning Our Next!”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I passed by this restaurant a few weeks ago and have been looking for an opportunity to go there (it is thirty minutes away). Well, when my friend called yesterday and said, "Let's celebrate your Birthday!" I said, "I know exactly where we will go, Kathleen's Tea Room!"
We had a VERY LOVELY Lunch!!! The Peach Tea was DELICIOUS!!! Instead of white sugar there was a bowl of Amber Sugar Crystals, they were really neat!
I had a beef vegetable soup that was quite good, the mac and cheese was also very good and the mixed berry shortcake was SINFULLY GOOD!!!
I am already planning my next trip back to Kathleen's Tea Room! If not this week then next and my friend and I want to do a "Ladies Night" too.
I HIGHLY RECCOMEND Kathleen's Tea House. It is such a nice "girly" place, but, men will be comfortable too!!!

• Visited February 2011