“Fabulous food- get the roasted root vegetables!”

Kathleen's Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Peekskill
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We found this restaurant quite by accident. It was quite busy at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon. Be prepared to wait a bit for your food, but it is indeed worth it. We ordered their version of a BLT and it was quite good, but the biggest surprise was ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLE plate with goat cheese and 8 grain bread and crackers. The vegetables included leeks and brussel sprouts and parsnips among other amazing tastes, and I have to say they were delectably prepared and presented. SIMPLY SUPERB. The scones and desserts looked great but we did not have room. Only downside was an almost 45 minute wait for our food. Perhaps going at a less busy time would shorten the wait. HOWEVER< and this is big for us, I would go out of my way to eat at this place again.... Get the roasted root vegetables.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

even the ladies room was decorated as nice as the rest of the restaurant. There is always something to stare at while enjoying a great meal

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Kathleen's is a Peekskill staple. Nicely sized portions and an extensive tea menu. Recommended for a light lunch.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My Mom has been ding to go to a "real" tea room..My birthday was coming up and thought this would be a great time.Hearing some good things about Kathleens, I decided to pick this for my Birthday meal...Not a bad ride at all to Peekskill from lower Westchester..The place is so cute and Quaint. I had called ahead and reserved a window table...The menu has many options from Quiche to tea sandwiches and more.We decided on the Afternoon Tea, which is three tiered and an order of extra tea sandwiches..I got a pot of Hot Chocolate which came in a cute little tea pot with a bowl of cream on the side..The top tier was a mixture of fruit and candies...The second was some desserts....chocolates, tiny tart and more..The tea sandwiches were a mix of things. We were so full we took quite a few sandwiches home..My Mom had a pot of Earl Gray which came with the strainer. The Girls that work there could not have been nicer! The owner came over and we chatted for a few minutes and she was so nice.My Mom is 94 and she looked at me and said.."We're coming back soon"! The Scones were fabulous,served on the second tier with butter and jam...and a crumpet..This place has it all...Resonabley priced and so comfortable, We spent 2 hours and I was shocked at how the time flew..Loved every minute !

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've been going to Kathleen's for lunch and special occasions for many years. Envision tin ceilings, a fireplace, chintz tablecloths, mismatched china, teapots, and great food One can choose an assortment of teas, salad, soup or sandwiches, or "Tea" consisting of finger sandwiches, scones, and mini desserts. The staff is super friendly and the food is great. Yesterday, I had Scottish salmon rounds which were delicious and beautifully presented with salad. It's charming! One of my favorite places for lunch in Westchester!! But make a reservation as twice I've arrived to find them booked up :(.