“Just "Ok"”

12 Grapes
Ranked #16 of 81 Restaurants in Peekskill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: NEW CHEF as of Sept 2013. Diverse, New American menu features appetizers such as Satay Chicken, Steamed Clams, Shanghai Eggrolls and more. Fresh, house-made pastas include Pappardelle with Meat Ragu and Mushroom Ravioli. Entrees like Pacific Rim Chicken, Grilled Salmon with Maple-honey Glaze, house-smoked Baby Back Ribs and Bordeaux Burger are Chef specialties. Wed & Thurs: $15 two-course Weekday Dinner Deal Wed-Fri: Bar SpecialsSunday Brunch: Frittatas, Fresh-baked Scones, Brioche French Toast & more.Bar features 12 red and 12 white wines by the glass, an extensive wine list, plus beer and specialty cocktails. World-class live music 5 nights a week. Awards: 5-time Best of Westchester Winner: "Best New Live Music Spot", "Best Place for a Date Night", "Best Wine Bar". Wine Enthusiast "Award of Distinction".Catering and private parties available. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I tried 12 Grapes for dinner.
Pros-
Mushroom Barley soup was very good.
Spinach and cheese ravioli very good.

Cons-
Bread stale
Portion size for main dish (ravioli) very small. $18 price not worth it.
Overpriced wine. For a wine "bar" the wine list is limited and way overpriced. Least expensive (white) was $38. I know wine and this was a $10 bottle...They are too aggressive on their markup.
Poor and Inattentive service

Summary- Too many other good choices in the area...we definitely won't be back.

3  Thank daveanddonna_10

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Staff: 100%
Premises: 100%
Food: 100%
Wine choices: 100%
Music: 100%
We drove up from NYC to celebrate the new year at 12 Grapes. The band, the Chris O'Leary Band was phenomenal - they kept the place jumping till the very last number! The band members were having fun and the song mix they played couldn't have been better. The atmosphere for a New Year's Eve celebration couldn't have been happier!
The staff and the service they provide is excellent, professional and friendly - no attitudes here. We ordered the lamb chop appetizer and the calamari salad - both excellent. The lamb chops were succulent and the sauce was very good! Our entrees were the duck and the ny strip - both cooked to perfection.
I like the decor of this place and you feel welcome as soon as you step in.
Will definitely return with friends and will highly recommend.

1  Thank Charles D
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Nice place to listen to live music and dancing..The food was good, the service was outstanding and the drinks that I had were weak but I was driving so that turned out good...Set up like a jazz club.. I suggest you make reservations if you are there to see live music. My friends and I went to see the R&B band Basecamp..Very nice crowd and Basecamp is always great..

1  Thank Jeropero
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My girlfriend and I visited 12 Grapes last Saturday for a girls night out. The food was OUTSTANDING!! I believe they have a new chef and we had the crabcakes and clams as an appetizer and both were superb. We each had the mushroom ravioli as an entree and they have made a typically heavy meal light and delectable! The home made ravioli were delicate and delicious. The motown music was amazing, the lead singer of STAX has a wonderful voice, we were up and dancing in no time. This is a great place for a date night or for just the girls (guys)! We will be going back as soon as possible, I'm craving those ravioli! Definitely give 12 Grapes a try, it feels like a home away from home as the staff and owners are so friendly, you will feel like you are visiting old friends.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Never disappoints. Always a great time and a great meal. Fun and can get crowded when there's a band so call ahead. Quiet and cozy for a yummy Sunday brunch. Try the mushroom ravioli app although I've enjoyed just about everything I've tried there. Yum!