“Good food, good prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Penfield, New York
“Good food, good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

My family and I always enjoy Hong Wah. It has the typical extensive Chinese menu options, with some specials offered. The portions are generous, food is served quickly and hot, veggies are fresh and the atmosphere is pleasant. The restaurant is wheelchair accessible, kid friendly, has booths and tables, can get busy on a Friday or Saturday evening, is open Christmas Day (that's where we have our Christmas dinner - no cooking for me!), lunch menu is very reasonably priced, easy parking, it's clean, the staff is friendly and the owner, Vicky, does a great job. You can't go wrong.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank B_in_Penfield

Rochester, New York, United States
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

WE Love Love Hong Wha !! Vicky is wonderful the food is beyond Great !WE Love Love Hong Wha !! Vicky is wonderful the food is beyond Great !WE Love Love Hong Wha !! Vicky is wonderful the food is beyond Great !WE Love Love Hong Wha !! Vicky is wonderful the food is beyond Great !WE Love Love Hong Wha !! Vicky is wonderful the food is beyond Great !

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Michelle L
Penfield, New York
“Just might be the best Chinese restaurant In town.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Lunch menu and prices are really unbeatable. Good selections, and the food is really good, fresh, and no overkill with any one flavor. I eat here 2-3 times a month. Everyone I have taken here to eat says its great food. The owner Vicky is always friendly and ready to make sure your meal is a good expierence.....now......If only she can get her husband to have a little personality........lol.......You cant go wrong eating here, the dinning room is always busy during meal times. That tells you something.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank coach787
Pittsford, New York
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have always enjoyed Hong Wah mainly for lunch. The prices are extremely reasonable, and the food is very good. They have a nice selection and a steamed, low fat option also. We have also been there for dinner, but we usually do lunch at least once a month and have never been disappointed.

Visited January 2013
Denton, Texas
“Inattentive service and an old tired menue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I had not been to this restaurant in two years; My previous experiences weren't very good so I had taken it "off my list" The first thing that I have to write is that they are consistent: nothing seems to have changed since my last visit. The service is cold and inattentive. The menu is old and tired. The food is pretty average . . . The whole experience reminds me of going to a "Chinese" restaurant in small town America in the 1960's. All the usual items you would expect are on the menu and they are all served by a staff that acts like a smile or a "thank you" isn't anything they have any experience with.

Maybe I am too harsh. Maybe my expectations are too high. They had many other customers that night and I suspect they have a "regular" clientelle that has been coming for years. Hong Wah may be just right for them . . . I feel that there are so many other options these days that really are trying to please and really do appreciate my business.

• Visited January 2013