“Another wonderful meal here”
Review of Angus House and Lounge - CLOSED

Angus House and Lounge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We ate at Angus House this past weekend, and enjoyed another yet another wonderful meal served in a warm and cozy environment. This was our third or fourth visit to this Penfield steakhouse, and we've been impressed each time we've been here.

The prices in this restaurant vary from the mid-teens all the way up into the $30s, and above if you order extras. However, we were pleased to see that many of the specials were still around the $15-16 dollar level, which is what we ordered. I enjoyed a chicken dish that featured thin chicken strips rolled around prosciutto ham, mozzarella cheese and spinach. It was very tender, moist, and the taste of all the ingredients rolled inside really came through in a wonderful combination. The dinner salad was nicely composed as well, with lots of different greens and things tossed in an attractive mixture. Very nice.

Only one of us had dessert; my daughter tried the crème Brule, which was extremely good served in an ample portion, with a heavy glaze on top and very strong vanilla base. I loved the bite that I tried (and the second I took after my daughter was finished!).

The service at this meal was very good. Our waiter, Tom, took great care of us, but we also had an assistant who stepped in whenever any of us was near the bottom of our drink. They worked well together and provided flawless, uninterrupted service throughout the meal.

By the way, if you want to keep the price of your meal down, look at items on the first page of entrees rather than the second...about $10 cheaper per entrée, They are all good, so you can't go wrong. Also, the appetizers are all about $10-12, so avoid them unless your final bill doesn't matter. (And those appetizers are good, but a bit costly.)

This was a really nice dinner, and I would gladly return.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Should have known when we sat for 15 minutes at the bar and the bartender never even looked at us, even though there were only 2 other people at the bar. Service went downhill from there....

3  Thank JMidolo
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Went there on a whim on a wednesday night around 6pm. Very nice, accommodating my 6 year old with rolls and pasta(waiter asked if he should rush her dinner out-we said no only because my daughter knows how to act accordingly when eating out, but I appreciated the offer) Steak was high quality, cooked perfectly. Would've liked vegetables BESIDES potato but what can you do. Prices were not ridiculous and they had local beer (Rorhbachs) on tap.Salad was great, appetizer of Artichoke French was great. Strip Steak was great!

2  Thank kbenedict27
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I purchase a coupon book as a fundraiser every year. I decided to try out the Angus Steakhouse. Upon cashing out, I was told the restaurant would not honor the coupon, due to a miss print/ error/ too many printed/ etc, etc. Asked to she the manager/owner. (She) came out and told me the same thing. I told her that as a consumer, it was not (my) fault that she has an on going dispute with the advertising company. After a heated discussion, she accepted the coupon and told me not to come back. No worries. It probably didn't help that I made a comment when I first walked in, that we were the only ones in the restaurant at 6:00. Busboy was our waiter, waitress called in (wonder why). That was probably my fault also.

5  Thank nywaverunner
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was joined with 3 friends for dinner here. We all agreed we will never return. The service was horrible! The waiter was incredibly abrupt and rushed through any interaction with us with the least he could possibly say. It's definitely not because the restaurant was busy - we were one of four tables being served in the dining room, and the bar area was complete empty. A request for a resupply of bread took 20 minutes and 2 requests. Refills of coffee? Never asked. Desert menu? Ask for; he brought over 1 for us to share.

Food was mixed - Lobster Fra Diavolo was decent, but broken clam shells should never be served. My lasagna had a large unedible piece of rind from cheese hidden inside. What was advertised as 4 oz fillets were smaller than expected; they were laughably small. The man who asked for his fillets to be medium rare received them well done.

The music was sometime too loud to hear what others were saying.

Never again.