“Best Thai in the Rochester area!!”

Pattaya Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Penfield
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I would walk on broken glass for their pad thai chicken! I have been here several times since moving into the area and I cannot think of any drawbacks. You can order and pick up for takeout to.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We were in the area and looking for something a little different. A quick search online clued us in to Pattaya. When we arrived, we realized that we had driven by twice that day without noticing. It's an easy place to miss if you're not looking.

Once inside, we were impressed by the interior. It's not fancy, but it's clean, well-maintained and very comfortable.

Our server was quick and polite and each course was great. We had a Chicken and Beef Satay appetizer and both meats were cooked to perfection. A nice sear on the outside and very juicy in the center. The peanut sauce was the best I've ever had.

Soup followed and this was also very good. It was enhanced by the array of hot sauces on our table to add to it.

When our entrees arrived, we were thrilled with the quality. I ordered a spicy dish, Pad Prik Khing, which was excellent. There was a nice balance between the heat of the dish and the delicate flavors underneath. My wife had a cashew dish that she raved over. The sauce was phenomenal. We were surprised at how well balanced the dish was. In fact, it was so good that we found a local Asian food market and bought some ingredients to try to re-create the dish at home.

We're definitely looking forward to our next visit to Pattaya and can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Pattaya has good, Thai food at a reasonable price. It has a large menu at all levels of spicy. We've had about 10 dishes and like all of them. The veggies are fresh, the service top notch and the price reasonable. An added bonus, MOST of the MENU IS GLUTEN FREE we are regulars

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stopped into Pattaya for dinner on Friday night this week and enjoyed another really nice Thai meal. We love this restaurant for the HYPER-fast service. (You can order your dinner and have the appetizer arrive at your table within 120 seconds of placing your order. It's almost comical.) We both enjoy their fresh shrimp Spring rolls, which are so much better than the fried variety. For the main course, I reverted back to my favorite; the Panaang shrimp, which is served in a luscious sauce of coconut cream and tomato...yummy!

This restaurant has been operating for many years now, and the prices have remained steady throughout. It's a great place for an economical meal that they prepare to your desired level of heat. I always enjoy coming back here, and will continue to patronize the place in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stopped by Pattaya again this week for a quick meal, and they lived up to their reputation for bringing out the food fast. (I challenge any Burger King to match their speed at having food on your table!) The fresh spring rolls were great again, as usual (both shrimp and veggie), as was the panaang shrimp. It was perfectly seasoned, and delicious as always.

Hint - you have to ask for the brown rice, if you want it, but they will bring it out for free.