“Nice value”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Penfield
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Nice value”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very nice value. Went up for a family wedding in Rochester, and this hotel was very close to the reception which was at a local golf course. Very friendly staff and very helpful. Nice clean rooms and nobody in our party, and there were numerous rooms rented, had any complaints. No problems with check in or check out. Had a nice little pre-reception party in the dining area, and the staff was great!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Courtyard Marriott Rochester East/Penfield is one of my favorite hotels to use in Rochester, when I want to take some time and escape my home city without leaving. This hotel is on a hill and the views are nice, especially when you grew up in the neighborhood. Looking down on "Panorama" brings back memories of my childhood. The Courtyard Marriott Rochester East/Penfield is very clean and the rooms are spacious. The staff are friendly and will help you out when you need a snack late night. I know, so big thanks for the white cheddar popcorn at 2am in the morning. Only thing I miss is the in-room hot-tubs. Bring those back and this hotel gets the excellent rating. Overall, the Courtyard Marriott Rochester East/Penfield wont disappoint as you getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I typically check linen upon arrival at hotels. But I was so tired, I didn't have the opportunity to do a now thorough check that I will do going forward. I was at this location for a week on business. After being there a couple of nights, I started parking to ensure I didn't leave anything and I noticed my bedding looked stained and no stains that I would have produced. Upon further investigation, I pulled the top fitted sheet off only to find the mattress cover had a huge stain in the center of along with other stains that were red in color.

In my disgust, I immediately phone the front desk and ask for manager to come to my room and the person that answered replied with she was the only manager available and she was at the front desk. I then said, "Great, because I only need one."

Long story short, the manager comes up to the room looks and the top sheet sees no stains, but can see the shadow of colors coming through the top sheet he pulls the fitted sheet back to find the soiled mattress cover. Her only reply came with an apology. No attempt for another room, nothing. I left that morning and will not go back. Lesson learned.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cathy L
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is why I love the Marriott chain. I came here to visit my daughter - with 3 days notice. I had points to use, and the reservation was seemless. No paperwork - just an e-certificate. When I arrived, the reservation was in my name, no problems, and a 2 minute check-in. Room was clean, towels were full, pillows were plentiful and soft. No noise from adjoing rooms. I did not choose to eat breakfast at the bistro, but it was full and the aroma of fresh coffee was invigorating. They have a nicely stocked snack area, but I did not need it. Elevator was never a hassle. Staff was effiecient and pleasant. This location speaks well to what corparate is trying to accomplish.

Room Tip: This place is on a hill, above the highway, so there is no noisy room.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The staff at the hotel were great - very helpful. While they don't include breakfast in your stay, the hotel has a very nice breakfast restaurant, with a good assortment of food. Most of the other people staying were business people, but we didn't feel out of place as a family. The room was comfortable enough - we did ask for a roll-away bed, because all the beds are doubles not queens - not sure why Marriott doesn't do queen beds around Rochester. But there was space in the room for a roll-away bed without feeling cramped, so it worked well. Definitely a good place to stay when you are in the area.

Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We recently spent two night at Courtyard by Marriott/Rochester East/Penfield in New York. We were attending our son's wedding. We live in Michigan but still wanted to have a little rehearsal party at the hotel. The Marriott staff was very accommodating. We used their Bistro for our small party. They had delicious appetizers, beer and wine they served along with small bottles of liquor available in their pantry. Prices were very reasonable. We also had a delicious breakfast there that was appealing in taste and presentation. The hotel is clean and rooms were attractive and very comfortable. The bed, linens and pillows were very comfortable and clean.. They also have a little patio with nice furniture with cushions. Everyone was super friendly. It was raining so they had an employee who would walk you to your car with an umbrella. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the hotel are quieter and away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2013

You can always count on the Marriott brand for consistency and this hotel is no exception. I love the new lobby and restaurant. The food was good for the price and location. This property is near a mall which is very nice. Service was excellent and, the property has an indoor pool, which I will use on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Courtyard by Marriott Rochester Brighton
Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster

Been to Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield? Share your experiences!