“Very comfortable hotel.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Penfield
New York City, New York
“Very comfortable hotel.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

First of all the staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. My room was great Very clean and very comfortable bed which is a must for me! And even though the bistro had limited choices, the ones that were there was quite tasty. This all made my business trip much more smoother.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I just returned from a three night stay at the Courtyard Marriott / Rochester East - Penfield. My daughter will be attending college in Rochester in the Fall, and we chose the past weekend to come across country for an official visit for her and an opportunity for me to check out the city/area.

Staff was great. I want to thank Katie for all her help in making sure a local car rental agency didn't forget about me. A couple days later, she was working at the front counter again when I needed further assistance. She remembered who I was, in helping me find a ride the airport later in the day. The room was clean with absolutely no problems. One day I was in a rush to leave and forgot I had left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. When I came back late that evening, I found a goody bag hanging from my door with anything I might have needed since my room was left untouched. The bag had all the items I might need for an extra night (towels, soap, coffee, etc...). Unfortunately, I have done this before and have never had a bag of items left for me.

I did hang out at the bar/bistro one night. It was nice they had some local craft beer, better than the usual stale standards. WiFi worked well in the rooms, even better in the lobby. Computers in the lobby area were nice to check in for flights.

Since we'll be coming back often to visit our daughter in college (and this college is close by), I'm sure we'll be back for regular visits.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric M
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a large group for a hockey tourney. The hotel is nicely renovated with very good dining choices but the quality of the staff really makes this place. They were kind and generous at all times with our 20+ kids, never complaining once about any of our requests. Such uniformly excellent service speaks volumes about the management and its philosophy in running the hotel. A great hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
jshutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We appreciate how well behaved your group was and look forward to hosting your team in the future.

Hogansburg, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I just stayed there this past weekend. We stayed there in a group for a hockey tournament. and the night manger was so rude that she thought it was ok to walk in our rooms without permission. She said it was ok because she wanted to make sure the room was secure also if i was being robed what do you think she was gonna do nothing they would hurt her before she even has time to call. but it is still ok to go in our rooms. also she was scaring all of our kids but that is ok to in her eyes. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. this is why i filied a complant with the hotel and they said that eveything she did was rt. How can you condone this. so think twice before you stay here you don't want some women walking in your room without permission. Also the pool they put so much cholrene in it burned my kid skin

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jen S
jshutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post your concerns about your recent visit. Our first priority is to provide a safe and quiet experience for all of our guests. When we conduct property tours we secure any propped open entranceways. This serves two purposes. First, it prevents the loud banging noise that occurs when doors are left to close with the deadbolt extended. Second, it prevents the possible loss of valuables and personal items. We deeply regret any emotional distress this may have caused you as we feel we are looking out for our guest's safety.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed here before, visiting family. I return because it is consistent. On a recent stay, I found the room to be perfectly clean. Towels were fluffy and bountiful. Sheets and pillow cases were laundered and crisp. 6 pillows? I only need one. The outside window could use cleaning, but it was the end of February. I bet the windows are clean before April 1. I stayed on the fifth floor (top) so I did not have anyone above me. Slept like a baby. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so there is no noise above you.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John I
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Nineteen of us in my family stayed here and we all were very pleased with the rooms, the warm atmosphere, and especially with the friendliness of the staff. We were gathered for the sad occasion of a funeral, and so we greatly appreciated the extra lengths to which everyone went to accommodate our group. When I thanked one staff person for helping us set up dinner with take-out food, he said, "We're a good team. I love working here." Good rates, comfortable rooms, attractive decor, very clean,...highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank trina56
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our car unexpectedly broke down near Rochester on a Sunday. We had been traveling for hours with our three children who were upset that we wouldn't make it home that night. We chose this Marriott as it is located next to a Honda dealer. The level of support we got from the staff was beyond anything we had ever experienced before in a hotel. The cleaning staff, the kitchen staff, the clerks and the manager were all supportive and made our misadventure feel like a little vacation. We were profoundly touched by all the gestures of kindness and understanding such as smiles, toothbrushes and small toys. We would most definitely recommend this Courtyard Marriott to anyone traveling to Rochester.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank MelasciN
jshutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We were glad that we were able to provide your family a comfortable stay during your mis-adventure back home! Our staff enjoyed meeting your family and truly appreciate your comments.

Jeff Shutt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penfield
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center

Been to Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield? Share your experiences!