“Average Food, Rather Noisy”
Review of Keuka Restaurant

Keuka Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Penn Yan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I've eaten here a few times. It's just OK. Service is erratic. It gets pretty noisy if there are many customers, probably owing to all the hard surfaces. You won't get ripped off, but you won't walk away saying "wow!" either. If you are hungry and looking for a functional meal, give it a shot. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Located on Main St Penn Yan, this is an ideal restaurant for locals as well as tourists. They offer local wines and a great Fish Fry you can get everyday if the week! A bonus is that this restaurant is open all year and offers everything you are looking for in good dining.

1  Thank Loose Moose Lod... B
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Restaurant was large, clean and not overly crowded. Located in a convenient part of town very close to the B&B we stayed at. Staff was friendly and attentive. Meal was just okay. The lobster spinach artichoke dip was tasty, although the portion was much smaller than I expected. My husband ordered the chicken cordon bleu which came with a salad & side item. I chose the switz burger with a side of sweet potato fries. My burger & fries were good, however the chicken cordon bleu was not. It was overly cooked which made the outer breading nearly impossible to eat and the mustard sauce over powered the flavor of the meat. We would most likely dine elsewhere if we ever visited the area again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Every town should have one good restaurant where the food is good, the beer is cold, the atmosphere is interesting and the owners are trying hard to please their customers. I've eaten in alot of restaurants because of a job that requires me to be on the road alot. I scoured every review of every restaurant in the area and my colleagues and I settled on the Keuka. The menu was much more interesting than we thought it was going to be. It wasn't the typical bar/restaurant menu that you will see in half the restaurants in America. They had some interesting dishes and we each tried something we wouldn't ordinarily order. And it was good! Our server, Kelly, had a very good awareness of the dishes and she brought us a few taster glasses of the local wines (which aren't amazing but were still good). She knew her stuff and that always helps with ordering. She had genuine interest when she came over to check on us and didn't say the standard "are you enjoying your dishes?" which is so awfully impersonal. She looked at our plates, looked at us, then said "what can I get you? How about more bread?" To me that shows she was interested and that helped make our experience more pleasant. The food seemed fresh, the salad wasn't out of a bag, dressings tasted homemade, bread was fresh, everything seemed clean. We saw either a manager or chef or someone walking through the dining room a bunch of times checking to see how everyone was doing. Not coming up and soliciting a compliment, but really watching to see if people were enjoying their food. So clearly this place has the goods. It really needs a restaurant impossible interior makeover but so do alot of places. Above our table was an odd metal sculpture like replica of Keuka Lake. Odd, but interesting. We went on a Tuesday which is Trivia night so we stayed and ordered dessert (which was delicious) and had a really nice evening. There was a good mix of local people, young and old for trivia which made it fun. Overall a good experience.

2  Thank view2mtn
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Nice little local restaurant with great service but mediocre food. My husband ordered a Ribeye which was good but the chicken was watery and swimming in oil. Good stop for a few drinks and maybe a burger.