Colonial Motel
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
Travelocity
US$64
US$58
US$270
US$260
Geneva on the Lake(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$193
Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$63
US$87
US$84
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$89
Esperanza Mansion(Bluff Point)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I called and made reservations for a single bed/suite which I was told had a full living area as well as a kitchen. When we entered our room I saw that we didn't have a full living area but one upholstered chair and a straight back chair. There was a charming small kitchen with an apartment sized stove and oven and a full sized refrigerator. Since I had paid a higher price for a full sized living area I questioned the owner about it the next morning and she apologized profusely saying that some of their help is still learning their job. She credited my card for the amount and cheerfully brought out some hangers I had requested for the coat rack in our room. She also had an extra chair placed in our room at my request so we would have someplace to put our suitcase other than the floor. The room was clean and fresh although if you're into up to date decor this won't be what you'll find here. There was also a lack of surface areas to place our belongings and their was no desk to use my computer so I used one of the straight back chairs in front of the upholstered chair. The bathroom lacked surface space for toiletries on their small sink. There is no hairdryer either but we carry our own. Other than these few inconveniences we really enjoyed ourselves. We slept well on the comfortable bed, everything worked in the kitchen, the wireless connection was great, there was a clock on the wall as well as the alarm clock, our entry door had a screen door as well as the security door and the porch that our entry door opened out to had a comfortable seating for seeing the trees and some visibility of the lake across the street. We will probably stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gogranny60
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I was visiting an elderly family friend in Penn Yan and since I did not want to make work for her I looked for a place to stay nearby. After reading the reviews I called Colonial Motel and was offered a great rate for the week I needed.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the couple who own and run the motel. I felt immediately at home. I was given a large "cottage" that was in a "duplex" but it felt completely like a stand alone cottage. It was incredibly clean and had all I needed to live for a week once I went grocery shopping. Full stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker w/filters. Dishes, silverware, cookware, cooking utensils. Shower/tub bath. There was a 'lounger" couch in addition to a queen or king bed.

On my second day when I asked the owners where I might purchase a camera nearby, they loaned me their almost unused camera for me to use during the week.

I would recommend this to anyone who is sick of chain hotel/motel rooms without character and with far better rates. The motel is across the street from the lake, very near to town, restaurants, grocery store, pharmacies, etc. It is also close to 2 libraries which I used when I needed free wifi.

As I was there to visit a friend I did not do much sightseeing or engage in nightlife, but it is a gorgeous area & I can't wait to go back to visit again, soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank mcpong
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Very clean and comfy rooms - the owners do it all themselves. Small, quiet motel with lake view. Close to town and in the middle of all wine trails. This is a very old, but remodeled, home/building. Lots of period accents. It is not "outdated" as other reviews mention. If you want modern appliances and features, this is not the place. The decor and fixtures make it seem "homey"...old wooden dressers, small bathroom, old fashioned weighted slider windows, etc.
My husband and I were supposed to go to Finger Lakes by ourselves but the babysitter fell through...so we had to bring our two small children. The owners were able to give us a larger suite with two bedrooms and a kitchen (instead of the one-bed motel room we originally reserved) and we were pleased with the accomodations.
The gentleman owner was very nice to chat with. I would stay here again, and I would tell friends about it. The prices are very reasonable and the location is tops if you are planning to hit nearby wine trails.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank breadbaker14
Reviewed 17 August 2008

This motel is nearest to Keuka College. We traditionally stay there when up for my college reunion. It is clean but very, dated. The rooms we were in overlooked the back road, not the lake. The a/c worked (the reason we don't stay in the dorms is their lack of a/c). There was a little kitchenette, which we didn't use. If you want clean, and dated is OK, and you're going to Keuka College, this is the nearest.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 2 August 2008

we stayed overnight on july 31,2008. the rooms were clean and spacious. the owner, dan brooks, was very accommodating. we were originally assigned a room on the second floor, but when i explained that my wife has trouble walking, the owner gave us an efficiency on the ground floor at the same price. we certainly appreciated this.
i would highly recommend the colonial motel for anyone planning a trip to the finger lakes area of new york state.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple