“What a dump!”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Penn Yan
Colonial Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Penn Yan
“What a dump!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very unimpressive...old dilapidated property...I don't know what the other reviewers mean by clean rooms, but I was greeted by the smell of musk when I walked into my room, found spiders in the corner, cobwebs next to the bed, and the towels in the washroom are filthy. I thought I was safe by bringing my own towel, but room service took my towel when they came in the morning!

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob_sanchez222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Angola, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stay here if you enjoy old hot, stuffy rooms. We had to ask owner to turn it on each day,then he would shut off in a few hours- during the night! Fan was provided but loud & noisy along with the refrigerator. Rug was green & old,probably just as unclean as the very old bedding! No Kleenex, only 1 towel, bath mats were paper!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Cynthia S

Travellers are raving about these Penn Yan hotels

Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2013

There are several buildings. They are all old. We stayed in the upper building. The room was clean. There is a kitchenette, but no microwave. There is a coffee maker, but no coffee. No hairdryer. No Kleenex in the room. Some of the rooms do not have air conditioning. There is no ice machine. WiFi worked good in the rear building. There is a large overhang on the back building with nice wicker furniture, a nice place to set. The front building has a very nice porch with wicker furniture and a nice view toward the lake. The owner was ok, but had little to say. It seems a little pricy, but I guess it's the finger lakes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank OhioDave_47
Whitney Point, New York, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This little inn was quaint. We did stay in one of the two suites located off the house and set by itself somewhat. the room was clean and comfy. Perfect for the location. If you are looking for modern updated this isn't for you. The TV was tiny about the size of my computer monitor. Parking very good; staff not overly friendly, very businesslike but not rude and I did get the feeling he felt like he was doing me a favor by letting me stay there. I would go back because alll in all a good experience for the little town of Penn Yan. Sitting on the porch was nice and the location was very quiet. We couldn't see the lake even though they state "overlooking keuka lake" so you would be disappointed if that is why you made reservation. But good value for the money if you just want a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Tioga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2013

While following 550 bicyclers through the Finger Lakes the agenda called for us to stay in the dorms at Keuka College. When we found that the dorm rooms were not air conditioned we looked for a place close by to stay. We found Colonial Motel and it met all of our needs. While the place is an older motel, it was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had obviously been recently updated and the "rain forest" type shower head was a delight after driving (me) and bicycling (my husband) all day. We had originally booked a regular room with no kitchenette, but were upgraded to a room with a kitchenette. It was nice to have the refrigerator to keep our beverages cold. We liked it so much, not only will we be stay there again when we are doing Bon Ton Roulet, we are talking about going back and spending a week just relaxing there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ga_flatlander
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed in a kitchenette room and it was quite clean and comfortable. I liked the variety of the flowers on the property and I could see them directly out our 1 window. I enjoyed sitting out front in the lounge chairs reading, it is a peaceful environment at Keuka. I thought the owner and staff could be a little friendlier. We could not see the lake from the motel and I feel that the claim on their website, "Overlooking Keuka Lake" is misleading. When I brought it up with the owner that I thought that I would be able to see the lake from the motel, he gave a snarky remark, "Where did you get that idea?" If I go back to the area, I might look for alternative.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FunnOne
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We arrived without a reservation late at night on a Memorial Day wknd, after finding no vacancy anywhere else. Got lucky as this place had a cancellation.

Room was a suite with a fully equipped kitchenette, big renovated bathroom and a separate bedroom. Everything was great!

The owner was super nice and helped us out the next morning with a dead battery ( was an interesting wknd over all :) )

Would definitely return and recommend to others!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Savannah House Inn

Been to Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!