“Will not return.”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Penn Yan
Colonial Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Penn Yan
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Although we found the rooms to be clean, the place was old, outdated and unpleasant. It appears that the owners have no intention of renovating the place. The beds sagged in the middle,and certain rooms the owner had control of the air conditioning. There were rooms with kitchenettes, but they could have at least offered fresh coffee in the office area. If you like old and shabby, this is for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lbcakes

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have enjoyed the owners' hospitality several times over the years, most recently this summer (2013). I have stayed in several different rooms, all invariably clean with kitchenettes, microwaves, stoves, and comfortable air conditioning that I have left on continuously through my stay. The rooms have always been consistently cleaned each day, with fresh towels and linen, and I have had excellent nights' sleep on very comfortable beds. And this is a decidedly pet-friendly establishment, where my dog and cat have always been welcomed. If you're looking for modern, fancy accommodations, this is not the place for you; if you're looking for quaint comfort with easy access to the lake at a reasonable price, look no further!

Room Tip: I particularly like the upstairs suite in the main house and the separate cabin to the right of the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very unimpressive...old dilapidated property...I don't know what the other reviewers mean by clean rooms, but I was greeted by the smell of musk when I walked into my room, found spiders in the corner, cobwebs next to the bed, and the towels in the washroom are filthy. I thought I was safe by bringing my own towel, but room service took my towel when they came in the morning!

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob_sanchez222
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stay here if you enjoy old hot, stuffy rooms. We had to ask owner to turn it on each day,then he would shut off in a few hours- during the night! Fan was provided but loud & noisy along with the refrigerator. Rug was green & old,probably just as unclean as the very old bedding! No Kleenex, only 1 towel, bath mats were paper!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed 2 August 2013

There are several buildings. They are all old. We stayed in the upper building. The room was clean. There is a kitchenette, but no microwave. There is a coffee maker, but no coffee. No hairdryer. No Kleenex in the room. Some of the rooms do not have air conditioning. There is no ice machine. WiFi worked good in the rear building. There is a large overhang on the back building with nice wicker furniture, a nice place to set. The front building has a very nice porch with wicker furniture and a nice view toward the lake. The owner was ok, but had little to say. It seems a little pricy, but I guess it's the finger lakes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank OhioDave_47
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This little inn was quaint. We did stay in one of the two suites located off the house and set by itself somewhat. the room was clean and comfy. Perfect for the location. If you are looking for modern updated this isn't for you. The TV was tiny about the size of my computer monitor. Parking very good; staff not overly friendly, very businesslike but not rude and I did get the feeling he felt like he was doing me a favor by letting me stay there. I would go back because alll in all a good experience for the little town of Penn Yan. Sitting on the porch was nice and the location was very quiet. We couldn't see the lake even though they state "overlooking keuka lake" so you would be disappointed if that is why you made reservation. But good value for the money if you just want a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2013

While following 550 bicyclers through the Finger Lakes the agenda called for us to stay in the dorms at Keuka College. When we found that the dorm rooms were not air conditioned we looked for a place close by to stay. We found Colonial Motel and it met all of our needs. While the place is an older motel, it was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had obviously been recently updated and the "rain forest" type shower head was a delight after driving (me) and bicycling (my husband) all day. We had originally booked a regular room with no kitchenette, but were upgraded to a room with a kitchenette. It was nice to have the refrigerator to keep our beverages cold. We liked it so much, not only will we be stay there again when we are doing Bon Ton Roulet, we are talking about going back and spending a week just relaxing there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple