Steamboat Castle Bed & Breakfast
Esperanza Mansion(Bluff Point)
  • Pool
Keuka Lake Motel(Hammondsport)
View Hotel
All reviewsoverlooking the lakehot tubguest kitchenfire pitb bprivate balconymy husband and ifinger lakesalready booked for next yearbeach towelsspectacular viewstop floorbed and breakfastcommon areasgourmet breakfastenjoy the viewfall foliage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have stayed at other B & B's. Most of them were as beautiful and comfy as the Steamboat Castle. What sets this unique place far apart from the others is the wonderful and warm hospitality that we received from Ginny and Jamie during our overnight stay.

In the morning we were greeted with hot coffee, fresh grape juice, wonderful apple scones, fruit, and friendly conversation. I thought this first course was the breakfast which would have been quite enough. I was quite surprised when she cleared our plates only to bring sausage, hash browns and an awesome scrambled egg crepe! We were stuffed!

We not only enjoyed our breakfast we enjoyed the friendly conversation as we ate it. I felt like I had known them for years! Since I liked the scones so much Ginny sent me off with a few to take with me! Now that is a great host!

As far as the hotel itself goes it was one huge fascination to us. The handmade imprinted cement pavers on the huge beautiful patio as well as the curved windows witht he awesome lake view on the inside of the house were just a couple of things that really made this place special. This place would be great for a large group during the summer because the lake access and giant patio would be so much fun!

Thank you guys for the wonderful time and the recommendation to go to the Keuka Coffee Roasters. It was like icing on the cake to experience the different flavors there!

Room Tip: Halsey room was on the top floor. Nice view even if there was fog on the lake!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W F
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We spent a wonderful one night stay in the Halsy room, which was on the top floor. The views were gorgeous and on a warmer night we would have sat outside and gazed at the ducks on the lake. We took advantage of the fireplace in the living room instead and was visited by 4 legged Samantha occasionally. The comfort , design, gourmet breakfast and the hospitality of Ginny made our stay a beautiful experience. We definitely plan to go back for a visit

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had an amazing weekend at Steamboat Castle. Ginny and Jamie have done an incredible job with the decor, food and hospitality. We stayed in the Holmes room which was very warm and inviting. They have gone to great expense with the accessories from the bedding, robes, towels etc. to make you feel very comfortable. The food was tremendous and the hospitality great! Thank you for a great weekend!

Room Tip: All rooms except for one have a great view of Keuka Lake with the porches off each room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We spent an amazing weekend at Steamboat Castle on Keuka Lake in September 2013. It was the opening weekend for the newly remodeled B&B. The place is gorgeous! It's right on Keuka Lake, our room was the Halsey and had a private balcony with lake views. There are also many comfortable & welcoming spots to hang out in the house and outside on the patios. All the remodeling that Ginny and Jamie have done is beautiful, the breakfasts were unique & delicious, and Ginny and Jamie were wonderful hosts. I felt right at home! It's also a great location for visiting wineries, biking, and exploring the finger lakes region. I Definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravelerNY_2011
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Ginny and Jamie have done an incredible job to provide their guest with a relaxing home away from home environment. The accommodations were exceptional! The Halsey room was such a beautiful room with a great view of the lake, and I loved how Ginny and Jamie molded the old with the new in the room's decor. The views overlooking Kueka lake are spectacular. Ginny does an outstanding job preparing you such a unique breakfast! I can't forget to mention Samantha, their cute little beagle, she too makes you feel at home. I would highly recommend the Steamboat Castle for a getaway weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends