The Fox Inn Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Penn Yan
See available hotels
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
Colonial Motel(Penn Yan)
Esperanza Mansion(Bluff Point)
  • Pool
Keuka Lake Motel(Hammondsport)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspool tableoliver suitemy husband and ib bfinger lakeskeuka lakefront porchcarriage houseposter bedcookiesprivate bathroomcharming townfrittataa great place to staymain streetlook forwardnew york
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Fox Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast (included in our stay) was absolutely delicious! The Inn Keepers were very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark k
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My sister, my 19 year old daughter and I decided to take a girls-only leisurely trip to Cape Cod. I'd heard the Finger Lakes were beautiful, and home to many fine wineries, so I thought we'd plan to stop there along the way. I started looking for a unique setting that could accommodate three adults - and did I score a lucky find in the Fox Inn! The Inn had been lovingly restored at some point in the past, and the antiques and Waverly fabrics were truly impressive. The attention to detail was amazing, and though the Inn in some ways shows its age (in the middle of a hellacious heat wave, the common rooms were rather toasty), the bedrooms had window A/C units, and our private Bathroom had a beautiful rainfall shower and nice amenities. But what stands out in addition to the stunningly beautiful physical environment (and the record temperatures set that weekend - it was 102 degrees when we reached Boston) - was the warm welcome from our hosts, Mike and Tanya, who not only served as hosts, but gave us the inside scoop on which restaurants the locals visited, the local Keuka and Finger Lakes Wine Trails, and the Penn Yan area activities in the "off season." We felt like family. Except my family probably wouldn't go out of their way to serve me a gourmet meal on china plates, and send me on my way with fresh-baked bakery-worthy cookies, either. We spent one evening chatting with other guests on the beautiful porch/veranda, listening as they extolled the Fox Inn's attributes. They were regular visitors to the Finger Lakes, but this was the last night of their first stay at the Fox Inn, and they proclaimed this was absolutely the BEST B&B they'd stayed at, period (and no, they weren't related to Mike and Tonya). I would recommend the Fox Inn to anyone looking for an alternative to the same-old-same-old, who wants to experience the charm of a small town like Penn Yann, and make a memory worth savoring. I wish Mike and Tonya good luck and success - they're off to a good start!

Room Tip: As far as a previous comment about squeaky boards - in defense of the Inn, the house IS over 100 years old, and boards will squeak, no matter how quiet one tries to be. We shared the William Fox 2-Bedroom Suite; 2 bedrooms across the hall from each other, with a dedicated bathroom in the common hall, through which other guests might cross. One issue with B&Bs is that they are usually converted homes. We never saw anyone walk down our hall, although I might have heard one once or twice. In a B&B, you will have meals with other guests; you can socialize as much - or as little - as you choose.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Bernie and I, along with another couple, booked a late fall getaway to the Finger Lakes, and chose the Foxx Inn on another friend's recommendation. Mike and Tanya were marvelous hosts and the breakfasts were amazing, filling, and very tasty. Never before were we offered a choice of what to have for breakfast at a B&B. The primary objective for the trip was to resupply the stock of NY state wines in the "pharmacy", and the Fox Inn was a perfect location for exploring the Keuka Lake region.

Room Tip: The William Morris Oliver master Bedroom Suite featured a gas fireplace. Very cozy for the chilly weather.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jandbs
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is our fourth year doing a B&B for our anniversary. We enjoy different stays in the Finger Lakes. Once again we were not disappointed! Mike and Tanya were wonderful hosts along with Renee. The breakfasts were amazing and we enjoyed being the first guests to meet the brand new addition to their family! Wishing you many years of success!

Room Tip: I am a fireplace fan so I suggest one of the rooms with a fireplace. So cozy!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OakfieldAmyBrian
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Fox Inn in late October. It was a great B&B. The location was fantastic in relation to the nearby wine trails, as well as other activities. Our favorite parts were the hosts (Mike and Tanya), and their AMAZING breakfasts. Every morning, we looked forward to our home-cooked meals, and talking to Mike and Tanya about our plans for the day. They were happy to make recommendations for wineries or other attractions to check out. We stayed in the Lucy Hall Fox room, which was clean, bright, and cozy. The only slight problem was the location of this particular room. We could hear other guests passing by late at night in order to get to their rooms which were farther down the (creaky) hall. This was only a minor annoyance, but I would recommend choosing another room if you are a light sleeper. When the time came to leave, our hosts even sent us off with homemade cookies. We would most definitely come back to the Finger Lakes and stay at the Fox Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple