“Relaxing Anniversary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penn Yan
Trimmer House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 12 Penn Yan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I wanted a quiet, relaxing way to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary, not one of the traditional "milestone" years,but still an important one to us. We chose to step away together from the every day routines and pressures. The Trimmer House did not disappoint. The hostess greeted us warmly, explained the numerous amenities and led us to our lovely suite. The suite included complimentary beverages and snacks, terry robes, a private bath, plenty of extra towels, blankets, etc. The bed was very comfortable, the furnishings and decor were beautiful, yet inviting for lounging. We enjoyed a high level of privacy, but we knew that the hostess was readily available to address any needs. Breakfast was delightful! There was a variety which included home-made scones, waffles, omelets, bacon, sausage, several juices, plenty of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, as well as fresh fruits to choose from. Breakfast could be hearty or light as preferred. The location of the Trimmer House in wine country made our trip really worthwhile. My husband and I heartily recommend a therapeutic stay at Trimmer House to refresh the heart and soul, celebrate memories, and create new ones.

Room Tip: If a private bath is important to you, specify that when making a reservation at any B&B.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Trimmer House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were not sure of our arrival time in town and when we drove that evening and called around, the proprietor welcomed us and said she would be right there to let us in and get settled. From the moment we walked in she showed us their home; took care of us and made us quite at home. We loved our upstairs suite; very warm, quiet, cozy, claw foot tub; lovely and comfortable (comfortable cotton robes and slippers). She checked with us to ensure we had the breakfast we needed before we headed out by bicycle. She also helped us with a good safe place for our bike. Breakfast was complete and delicious. Beverages were always available; small refrigerator available too. We were so tired from our ride by the time we arrived she helped us with a recommendation for take out and provided us dinner ware to eat. We really enjoyed the segment of the house on 'If Walls could talk' which we watched on DVD with a movie from their great dvd collection. The Trimmer was easy to find and in a lovely part of town; beautiful inside and out with special touches like fresh flowers. Parking is convenient in the extra large driveway and place for bicycle. She was knowledgeable about the history of the house and area and excited to help guests. She was genuine in her desire to provide a wonderful guest experience. She asked us what we'd like for breakfast and provided a terrific meal. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed at the Trimmer House in August 2012. It was a last minute wine adventure trip with my husband, myself, my brother, and his girlfriend. We were a little nervous because we had read some of the negative reviews. We checked in and settled in. It's an older house but was the perfect setting for a B&B. The rooms were all a nice size and they had a nice selection of shower supplies, robes, and slippers. We had never stayed at a B&B so we felt a little awkward at breakfast that morning but it was a pleasant group and the food was amazing! Yang made all of the food herself and it was so nice to wake up to the smell of breakfast cooking. We weren't in the rooms to much other than to sleep since we were out exploring the lakes and wineries. There was a nice communal refrigerator stocked with water, juice, and soda and we could store any of the wine we purchased. We are planning a trip again for this fall and would def. consider staying here again. The only negative in my opinion is that it's a little far from the lakes so we had to drive a good bit to each lake/winery.

Room Tip: There was no pool only a communal hot tub...which felt a little awkward and no one was using it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay E
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My daughter & I had stayed at Trimmer house previous to our 2nd and final stay. We arrived "late"- after 8 pm, feeling a bit like we had inconvenienced our hosts, even though we had communicated our anticipated arrival time via phone. We also left early, so there was no breakfast ready for us. On our first stay, we had minimal contact with Yang and none with Gary. The rooms are comfortable and clean, so we stayed again with friends later in the year.
Our second stay was far less pleasant- We would have left to stay at a hotel, except we had already paid for a 2 night stay here, I find it very amusing that Gary is a professor of hospitality and tourism. I won't go into details, other than to say we will drive to Geneva if the Best Western is booked next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Everything was perfect, all we hoped: a most helpful yet unobtrusive host, every room immaculate, comfortable beds, baths, & rooms, and a good breakfast in the end.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong from what I saw.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark Z
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The Trimmer House is a wonderful get away. The House is beautifuly decorated, quiet, and comfortable. The Inn keepers are friendly and welcoming. The Breakfast is a real treat! We had been on the road for a week and were looking forward to a quiet few days visiting the Finger Lakes. The Trimmer House was just perfect for us in every way, and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Guesthouse, which was great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie E
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I was at Trimmer House for 5 nights and found it a most restful, beautiful B&B that exceeded my expectations. I was not your typical B&B guest - was there for a family funeral on a cold autumn week - and it was exactly what I needed. The owners Gary and Yang were most welcoming and friendly, but not intrusive and allowed me the solitude I needed (I was the only guest one night, then joined by my husband). Methinks another reviewer who complained about the owners is the difficult one! The home is gorgeous and immaculate. Grace's Room was just perfect, with beautiful furnishings. Since I was the only guest most nights, I saw all the other rooms and they were equally inviting. The nice thing about Trimmer House is that it has the feel of an antique home (which it is), but is beautifully restored with modern amenities you don't expect in a B&B - a fridge stocked with snacks and sodas, a hot tub (which I didn't use), rooms with period-style but modern baths with great plumbing, flat screen TVs, WiFi, robes and slippers, chocolates at the bedside. Wonderful clawfoot tub where I enjoyed bubble baths every night. Breakfast was lovely; fruit with pancakes or waffles made with the famous local buckwheat flour; eggs and muffins another day. Although I did not sightsee, the living room has extensive info about local sights and events. One of the nicest B&Bs I have stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
La Belle Vie Bed & Breakfast

Been to Trimmer House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!