Trimmer House Bed and Breakfast
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$119
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$109
BestWestern.com
US$64
US$58
Belhurst Castle(Geneva)
US$270
US$83
Geneva on the Lake(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$276
Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
US$198
US$191
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$109
All reviewsbuckwheat pancakesplayer pianofront porchhot tubstay there againhearty breakfastbed and breakfastkeuka wine trailromantic atmosphereowners garywhile visiting friendsclassic victorianthought of everythingfeaturing localmy husband and ifinger lakescranberry scones
Reviewed 2 March 2009

The hosts were perfect - helpful but not cloying, friendly without being pushy. The home is spotless inside and out. Our room was charming, and I especially enjoyed the clawfoot tub - took 3 baths in 2 days! Everything you could wish for has been thought of and provided. This is a wonderful place to stay to tour the wineries on the Finger Lakes. Buckwheat pancakes and muffins are a specialty, so breakfasts were a real treat.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2008

My husband and I really liked the Trimmer House. We found the owners to be pretty helpful and friendly and went there to enjoy each others company, not to make friends with the owners so I guess I don't understand the previous guests complaints! They did give us restaurant recommendations and served a really delicious breakfast both mornings we were there. We loved the hot tub and the front porch for coffee in the morning (they prepare coffee early if you want to have that before breakfast is ready). We would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2008

After reading all the reviews, and especially the owner's response, I feel compelled to also tell about my experience at the Trimmer House. My husband and I love going to the Finger Lakes, and had stayed at this B & B with friends several years ago. The B & B itself was fine. It was nicely decorated, the room and the bed were comfortable. But we have a running joke with our friends that the owner of the B & B is the rudest person we've ever met at a B & B. (And between both couples, we have collectively stayed at a lot of B & Bs.) Until I read all the reviews (and the owner's response), I wasn't sure if the owner was the same person. But, the owner at the time we stayed was a professor who taught hospitality at a nearby college. This was great, because he is perhaps the least hospital B & B owner/host I've ever experienced. He would not talk to us at all. We had eaten at a number of places in and around Penn Yan, but were interested in finding out what he recommended. He wouldn't tell us. He never came around during meals, and had his hospitality students do all the breakfast cooking, serving and cleaning. The hospitality students were very pleasant (unlike their instructor). It's not like you go to a B & B in the Finger Lakes to hang out in your room or at the B & B. But, since the room was comfortable, and I liked the hot tub, I might return. My main piece of advice if you are going to stay is to beware of the owner. As you have probably gleaned from many of the postings, he is quite a piece of work!

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christie M
Reviewed 2 November 2007

A relaxing week-end at the Trimmer House B&B was just what my husband and I needed to relieve the stress of the city.
The Trimmer House is a very nicely decorated and comfortable home located in the quaint town of Penn Yan, New York. It is Ideally located near two of the Finger Lakes, Keuka and Seneca Lake.And it is in the heart of wine country!
On the recomendation of our hosts, we visited some of the
better local wineries. They were very easy to find with their direction.We dined at at The Wagner House, a historic restaurant. suggested by our hosts. Good food.
Enjoying the relaxed atmoshphere ,I read my book in one of the two victorian sitting rooms available for guests to use. My husband and I took advantage of the hot tub ,a calming amenity that one usually does not find at a B&B. Our bed room was large, and as well decorated as the rest of the house. The mattress was very plushy!
On the last morning of our stay , our friendly hostess served us hot homemade banana pancakes. Yummy! All in all it was a great stay at the Trimmer House !

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2007

Great place! A hidden gem close by. The owners were very hospitable, attending to our every request. The hostess was friendly and served us a generous breakfast, and the selection of food was extensive. The husband was an interesting guy that has traveled around the world. he had some very entertaining stories. he even showed us his wine collection! We had a great bungalo-type room with our own little porch. This is an ideal location in the middle of the Finger Lakes wine country. Well worth the trip! See you next year!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple